Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Can Starc not give away too many runs?

He’ll probably end up taking 5 for, but I just cannot see why we persevere with him in ODI.

Just does not have the control required.

I know the thinking is having a leftie makes us less predictable, but the batsmen he bowls to are more than capable at this level to savage him if he can’t get a good line and length going.

DId I hear 4 ducks at Ahmedabad for poor ol' Johnny Boy?
Not sure, maybe, was busy typing, only half listening. But heard about Hazlewood's poor performance this WC against lefties. Looking a little better so far this innings but can't understand why he isn't going around the wicket to lefties most of the time - curbs their scoring as well as more likely to take a wicket.d very likely.

I'm not too sure about the ball tracking this series either. Root looked LBW to Starc for mine. Then Stoinis drops him! Do we want to win this or not!?
(Sorry such a late reply but lost half of it somehow and had to re-type).

Not sure, maybe, was busy typing, only half listening. But heard about Hazlewood's poor performance this WC against lefties. Looking a little better so far this innings but can't understand why he isn't going around the wicket to lefties most of the time - curbs their scoring as well as more likely to take a wicket.d very likely.

I'm not too sure about the ball tracking this series either. Root looked LBW to Starc for mine. Then Stoinis drops him! Do we want to win this or not!?
(Sorry such a late reply but lost half of it somehow and had to re-type).
Good review from Starc. 2/19 for the Pommies. I reckon they're gonna collapse worse than Sri Lanka did against India the other day.

Good review from Starc. 2/19 for the Pommies. I reckon they're gonna collapse worse than Sri Lanka did against India the other day.
Hope you're right. I think Marnus had a big influence in supporting that review - and got it right for once. I'm puzzled that the umpire couldn't hear or detect that nick, Marnus saying something about it being a loud nick. Just like the ball tracking with our LBW decisions.

Now to get rid of the other flog, Stokes, cheaply. Starc and Hazer are bowling much tighter so far - gotta maintain it.

Reactions: 1 user
He’ll probably end up taking 5 for, but I just cannot see why we persevere with him in ODI.

Just does not have the control required.

I know the thinking is having a leftie makes us less predictable, but the batsmen he bowls to are more than capable at this level to savage him if he can’t get a good line and length going.
You must be kidding, Streak. Starc would be in Australia's all-time ODI XI. He gets wickets. Almost every time.

Reactions: 1 users
You must be kidding, Streak. Starc would be in Australia's all-time ODI XI. He gets wickets. Almost every time.
Yep. Starcers can leak runs at times in all formats of the game, but he's always been a strike bowler and there's always a need for one or two of them in the side.

England were the moral victors here.
Don‘t ask me why, but if joe root can say that they are a better team than the aussies, despite only beating Bangladesh, losing to Afghanistan AND being stone motherless last on the table, then I’m entitled to say stupid sh1t as well :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
See in today's Hun some Afghani cricketer has had a chirp at the honchos at Cricket Aust. We cancelled a couple of one day games earlier in the year over human rights situation in Afghanistan yet suddenly gunna be happy to play them for the 2 points to help get to the 1 day world cup finals.

Moral fibre and integrity turns to snot again.

Interesting in the Sri Lank Bangladesh match. Angelo Mathews becomes the first batsman in international cricket to be timed out. Took too long to get ready to face a ball

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Bizarre wasn't it. Lucky it wasn't against the poms.

I can't wait for Bairstow to be asked about it. Doctors take the hypocratic oath, Bairstow takes the hypocritic oath.

To underline just how bad England have been at this tournament, if Bangladesh win, England fails to qualify forth Champions Trophy. Now that would be something.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Interesting in the Sri Lank Bangladesh match. Angelo Mathews becomes the first batsman in international cricket to be timed out. Took too long to get ready to face a ball

I heard he took to long trying to find a bookie who'd let him back himself to be dismissed this way.

Major match fixing scandal to erupt from this one :)

Just another pretty shitty act in cricket.

I wonder how many players have failed to face up to the next ball within the 2 minutes in this tournament? And nothing has happened.

I wonder if that would have happened to Kohli if he broke his chin strap before facing his first ball.

Hmm....

It was pretty ordinary. He was ready to face the bowling and put his helmet on and the strap broke so had to call for a new one.
I think this one is way worse than the Bairstow one which in the end was about a player being out of his crease.