Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

On the ball replacement farce, none of that is on England it must be said.

They do what every country does as soon as it doesnt swing, they keep asking for it to be changed. The umpires then did so.

We shouldn't whinge about it though. That is cricket.

As Paine said this morning, mid off/mid on and the skipper are under instruction to keep asking and asking and asking until umpires inevitably give in.

CHange the laws. Don't sook.

Reactions: 1 users
Disappointing finish today, ironically the rain probably cost us on both days when we were up and going well, might have been the difference.

On the ball stuff, the process used to be that grounds would keep the ball after games when there was no reason to give it to a bowler or fielder, mark how many overs it was used for and then chuck it in a box. Obviously wicket and ground conditions can vary and I'd imagine most of the balls collected at the Oval would have been on much less abrasive wickets and would therefore be in better nick.

Ultimately though you win if you are good enough, not matter what the ball is like and we weren't. For the best team in the world, our batting was fragile and our bowling inconsistent. All in all I think we are lucky to have drawn the series and kept the Ashes, but we will take them anyway.

Oh, and England supporters are still *smile*.

Thus ends the European adventures of TBR, looking forward to being back home where the umpires are always right.

BTW The Kid gives an excellent an unbiased wrap of the series here:

Well worth a listen. Gunna make an excellent coach and/or media performer will Tim.

The best thing about Bazball is how much it’s resonated with youngsters over there. Here’s some kiddies enjoying their series victory back at the compound:

1690956648634.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Nah Bharat Sundaresan is a good journo who is close to a lot of the Aus players. He broke it and would be confident he would have got his info first-hand.

Australia requested multiple times to catch-up and by 10:45pm gave up. Weak is *smile*.

Tim Paine (as you would expect) spoke excellently this morning.

Spoke in terms of not catching up. Nightclubs after are simply not how the end of Test Series catch-ups are done. It's not just the players, it coaching staff, it's family.

It is ALWAYS done at the end of every test series. Regardless of what went on.

At worst the Poms deliberately ignored Australia. At best they were self-centred and forgot. Either way very poor not to uphold a tradition of the game. And "unauthentic" and very typical of a very self-absorbed England team, especially leaders.

Some of the best scenes from 2019 were after the match like here:

View attachment 20102

Imagine if Australia did that.
i remember when Root, Lyon and others were moved on by someone at about 6.00am (maybe at Southbank?). Back when the spirit was alive and well.

Oh well Footy season is over . The cricket is on free to air tv here from Wednesday SA vs Us .. though the team is nearly an Aussie A team .. matches to the 17th of September .

Australia A v NZ A started yesterday. NZA all out for 147, Aus A 3/141 at stumps.

Oh well Footy season is over . The cricket is on free to air tv here from Wednesday SA vs Us .. though the team is nearly an Aussie A team .. matches to the 17th of September .
Yeah, an Aus A side but what do you expect when it’s a meaningless series of ODIs & T20s in a packed schedule.

Aust are giving the South African bowlers an absolute flogging, 0-102 off 10 overs, they should score 400 +.

I don’t even know these ODIs are on til I get a CA notification of the result after the game.

It’s going under the radar a bit because of finals but the Aussies form in the cricket has been woeful after a good start v South Africa.
IMG_0267.jpeg

I just checked out the schedule for the one day world cup. The format is a 10 team round robin which feels like over kill to me. I feel sorry for the fast bowlers.

Terrible schedule this summer. 3 tests v Pakistan, 2 tests v Windies, 3 ODIs, 3 T20s.......WTF is happening to our summer of cricket??

Can’t help but think, cricket is a game in serious trouble. At risk of terminal decline. The short term sugar hit of T20 perhaps papered over the cracks for a while. But the state of the international game, with patchy depth of competition is of considerable concern.

India of course seems an exception to the rule. But the overall landscape doesn’t look brilliantly promising.

Terrible schedule this summer. 3 tests v Pakistan, 2 tests v Windies, 3 ODIs, 3 T20s.......WTF is happening to our summer of cricket??
And prior to the first test in Perth, Australia play 5 T20's in India, the last being 11 days before the test.

I’ve been saying this the last few summers, the schedule has become a joke. The “summer “ of cricket starts in late November and is done by January 6. It’s like CA is in such a rush to get it over and done with.