Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

I think it was 'nothing else in the box', which might be literal or might just suggest the other options were even less suitable.
Regardless as Ussie points out the ICC needs to tighten this up

Surely they have more than 1 box of balls, I'm sure I've seen a couple of times where they've asked for a different/another lot because there wasn't a suitable ball in the 1st box.

Reactions: 3 users
Surely they have more than 1 box of balls, I'm sure I've seen a couple of times where they've asked for a different/another lot because there wasn't a suitable ball in the 1st box.
Its a surprise.
Sounds like gamesmanship

I think it was 'nothing else in the box', which might be literal or might just suggest the other options were even less suitable.
Regardless as Ussie points out the ICC needs to tighten this up
In the meantime, too late for Aust. Has cost us a very possible historic test and series win. We have been screwed. IMO, by English skulduggery. The Pommie bowlers frequently pressure the umpires for a ball change ... and often receive. Anderson and Broad in particular. They had already complained about this ball, because it was doing nothing, but had been rejected.
Ironic that After Wood smashes Uzzie's helmet, they concede an almost new pill. You're fault, Uzzie.

think you've gone a bit off piste ...
there is no mention in my post about exclusive domains of whoever ...
the word "toff" - are you referring to the MCC?
Wiff of entitlement has everything to do with it and I'd prefer you refrain from personal digs because you have no idea
who and what i am ..
But you can have a go at what you percieve as entitled bunch? Stereotyping much?

Don't concern yourself too much, I don't really care who or what you are.

The change of ball changed the game. It is noticeable that the poms are constantly trying to get the ball replaced, seems quite a common tactic for them.

Spirit of the game? Yeah, when it suits.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
the 'Ball in the Box' story is the exclamation mark on a strange series full of little events
that have produced friction on and off the field... even on here...!

Cricketers have always been petty entitled types, elite boys clubs often are..
but what seeped through the cracks the past month is an embarrassment, and cheapens the game

Reactions: 2 users
then don't judge :)
How about you don't judge supporters on the basis if they wear a tie or not. Or if they are in a private members area or not? And why should they know better than someone in the outer? They're not allowed to vent? You hold the man in the outer to a lower standard? Why?

Hilarious hearing an aust fan complain about crowd behaviour, we would have the most obnoxious, moron, bogan cricket fans in the world. Oi Oi Oi.

How about you don't judge supporters on the basis if they wear a tie or not. Or if they are in a private members area or not? And why should they know better than someone in the outer? They're not allowed to vent? You hold the man in the outer to a lower standard? Why?

Hilarious hearing an aust fan complain about crowd behaviour, we would have the most obnoxious, moron, bogan cricket fans in the world. Oi Oi Oi.
Nah. In bogan v ɓogan, I reckon the Saffies have us covered.

The 'nightclub' excuse is ludicrous. Most Aussies apparently went to bed before 12

The visiting team was snubbed, plain and simple. And beers have been happening after every series for over a century.

For leaders of a cricket 'movement' that is all about flair, positivity and entertainment, Stokes and McCullum sure don't seem very relaxed.

I would say authenticity is still very much a work in progress.

Reactions: 3 users
The 'nightclub' excuse is ludicrous. Most Aussies apparently went to bed before 12

The visiting team was snubbed, plain and simple. And beers have been happening after every series for over a century.

For leaders of a cricket 'movement' that is all about flair, positivity and entertainment, Stokes and McCullum sure don't seem very relaxed.

I would say authenticity is still very much a work in progress.
I reckon the judgement should wait until the players themselves are heard from and not just "sources"?

The real story will involve less drama than the concocted nonsense from journalists. Sounds like the team from A Current Affair were behind the report.

Last edited:
I reckon the judgement should wait until the players themselves are heard from and not just "sources"?

The real story will involve less drama than the concocted nonsense from journalists. Sounds like the team from A Current Affair were behind the report.

Yep agree which is why we look at the facts of the matter.

The Aussies have been playing with / against Mo and Broady for several years.

And Stokes is trying to tell us his team couldn’t mingle with the Aussies after six weeks of hard cricket, if only for a quiet, family-friendly beer?

A chance for the Aussies to pat those guys on the back?

No, instead Bazball was tied up for ‘events’ behind a locked door.

Farewell events my ass. This is a team that was hell bent on beating the Aussies at home.

They clearly thought they were the better team, especially by the end of the series.

The history books will say the Aussies retained and now they’re spitting the dummy.

I’m more certain than ever that Bazball, short of ignoring results, is about making history.

Which, in an elite sporting context, is fine!

Just come out and say it then. Say you’re not so relaxed, that you’re establishing a ruthless culture.

I would be fine with that and bring on 2025/26 with Morris splitting skulls open under Head’s captaincy.

Last edited:

Nah Bharat Sundaresan is a good journo who is close to a lot of the Aus players. He broke it and would be confident he would have got his info first-hand.

Australia requested multiple times to catch-up and by 10:45pm gave up. Weak is *smile*.

Tim Paine (as you would expect) spoke excellently this morning.

Spoke in terms of not catching up. Nightclubs after are simply not how the end of Test Series catch-ups are done. It's not just the players, it coaching staff, it's family.

It is ALWAYS done at the end of every test series. Regardless of what went on.

At worst the Poms deliberately ignored Australia. At best they were self-centred and forgot. Either way very poor not to uphold a tradition of the game. And "unauthentic" and very typical of a very self-absorbed England team, especially leaders.

Some of the best scenes from 2019 were after the match like here:

1690949413488.png

Imagine if Australia did that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users