Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

The post-match drink snub that wasn't?

I reckon the over the top reactions on this thread far exceeds any whingeing the poms did. It's hilarious really.

Hope a lot of the same players are still around for the next series in Aust. it will have plenty of feeling.
Clearly what Stokes meant was “we purposely stretched out our post game team meeting to avoid having a drink with those Aussie pricks then Lo and behold the bastards turned up at the same night club as us!” :p

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
They accepted the legality. I accept the legality. The method was what was questioned. And I strongly disagree with similarity to others.

Been over it too often and I share a different opinion to almost all on this thread about it. This must be how total body rub feels on theumpires thread!

Our crowds would have reacted way worse, why is over-reacting the exclusive domain of the moron flag-wearing and waving bogan? Why is a toff excluded from reacting emotionally? It shows passion for the sport. Wiff of entitlement has nothing to do with it and that's a bit of a chip on your shoulder reaction to me.
think you've gone a bit off piste ...
there is no mention in my post about exclusive domains of whoever ...
the word "toff" - are you referring to the MCC?
Wiff of entitlement has everything to do with it and I'd prefer you refrain from personal digs because you have no idea
who and what i am ..

Coming off the long run.

So Bazball Mrs McGregor maintained the rage with no dressing room drinks?
What an angry Man She is.

"Ya canna buy better than Mrs McGregor!"

100 year Ashes traditions getting ripped up by a sheep shagger!
We should wind up The Ashes and never play them again.
And of course we keep them forever as the last winner!
A *smile*' Kiwi telling England what to do!
Amazing!

Rant Over.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Credit to the Poms, their bowling last night was top shelf. Unfortunately our guys crumbled under the pressure.
Ultimately though, regardless of last night’s defeat in a dead rubber, we retain the Ashes. Til next time at least. Both teams will look quite different then so job done.
A very good series overall. The Ashes still gets me excited. Well played both countries.
Sorry, ToO, total BS. No credit to England at all. Credit it down to the umpires AMAZING decision to give them a virtually new ball after hitting Khawaja on the helmet. That ball was doing nothing and Australia dominating. The other major factor was the weather interruptions which really favored the bowling side especially ending Day 4 so early. Then batsmen having to make fresh starts in overcast difficult conditions repeatedly.

‘Disgraceful’: England gifted ‘brand-spanking new’ ball after Usman Khawaja’s head knock

Reactions: 2 users
England were clearly the better team the last three tests. Woakes and Wood changed the series. Lucky rain saved us in the fourth test.
Really? Simply not true. Khawaja highest run-scorer for series; Starc highest wicket-taker. Australia never got the best of conditions for batting and bowling, warm sunny days that England got or continuously dark, overcast conditions we copped.

Not to mention cheating ball changes - this test especially and when Broad also got another ball to dismiss Marnus in previous test. That ball change and the weather interruptions especially terminating Day 4 so early when our batsmen were dominating totally altered the outcome. So the rain saved Poms this test along with a disgusting ball-change allowance.

Along with the bastardry of Broad changing the bails around which pathetic umps allowed him to perpetuate. Not changing the result but It's simply being encouraged to act like an *smile*.

Last edited:
Australia unlucky in the last 2 days, the rain interuptions and cloud cover had a massive impact. It doesnt rain on day 4 and we make the runs easily.

It happened so not cpntesting the result, instead pointing out that in this test we led on the first innings and were very close on the 2nd and had far worse conditions
Yes, correct. But you failed to mention biggest factor - the 'fortuitous' ball change. Just a blatant cheat.

How *smile* are the English for not having a beer with the Australians after a hard fought series.
What a pack of whinging sore losers!
That part you've got absolutely spot on. They really are a pack of arseholes. And their supporters are even worse.

Well they said they wouldn't after the Bairstow runout so they are just sticking to their word?

It is a shame though.
OMG. You're thinking is so soft. So you think their whole attitude is totally justified? The whole Bairstow incident was a complete beat-up and displayed incredible levels of galling hypocrisy - he has done it himself jubilantly and tried it on often before Carey. Do I have to remind you?

They have no 'word' ... if you mean honour. Their most unfortunate control of the rules of cricket (MCC) encourages them to believe that they stand for the illusionary "Spirit of the game". But, in fact, along with India, they are the biggest abusers of the rules of the game as was shown again in several ways over this series. The latest being the cheating subterfuge of being allowed to switch to a virtual new ball early on Day 4.

And then for a wannabe Pom like Baz (and Stokes is also NZ born) to refuse to have a drink with their opponents ... Well, go back and read over the above. All of it re-proven. Let's not leave out their appallling crowd behaviour - from the outer chanting that Head was a c--t with no intervention, to their utterly privileged pack of bigoted, drunken and arrogant fools in the MCC.

You are just an apologist for your Pommie mates. As for me, I'd never want to waste my time having a drink with such a pack of miserable bastards and cheats.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Yep, there's no way the Poms can say they would have won the series if it didn't rain during the 4th test (although they will), as we were cruising at 0-135 in a chanceless partnership in the 4th innings and looked set to add at least another 100 on the 4th day. Then being gifted essentially a new ball in overcast conditions on the final day which swung like a dunny door.

A lot of would'ves could'ves. Anyway, that's cricket. 2-2 and retain the Ashes is a fair result.
No. It's NOT a fair result ... due to that incredibly dubious ball change by the umpires who told Khawaja that 'that was all that was in the box!' Come on, it's such an obvious and blatant cheat. That ball was so much harder and newer it swung like anything and determined the result. They kept using it until the end - for 95 overs it was such such a hard cherry.

The ECB has as much integrity as the AFL IMO, and that's damning.

OMG. You're thinking is so soft. So yoy think their whole attitude is totally justified? The whole Bairstow incident was a complete beat-up and displayed incredible levels of galling hypocrisy - he has done ot himself and tried it on often before Carey, do I have to remind you?

They have no 'word' ... if you mean honour. Their most unfortunate control of the rules of cricket (MCC) encourages them to believe that they stand for the illusionary "Spirit of the game". But, in fact, along with India, they are the biggest abusers of the rules of the game as was shown again in several ways over this series. The latest being the cheating subterfuge of being allowed to switch to a virtual new ball early on Day 4.

And then for a wannabe Pom like Baz (and Stokes is also NZ born) to refuse to have a drink with their opponents ... Well, go back and read over the above. All of it re-proven.
You are just an apologist for your Pommie mates. As for me, I'd never want to waste my time having a drink with such a pack of miserable poor sooks and cheats.
Also leon, after McCullum said that they won't be having a drink with the Aussies, he changed his mind a couple of days later after realising he'd made a prick of himself, and said that they would.
He's a man of conviction, won't have drink with the Aussies, will have a drink with them, he's all over the shop.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Im not knocking what they do on the pitch- it is their "good sports" attitude off it that is fake.

And for a team that doesnt fret about failure they make a lot of excuses.
Or if they lost, it was really a win. A moral victory. Some handy assistance with incredible ball change choice from the umpires to turn this test around too.
They're still a bunch of tossers. More than ever I think. However, I do like Barling and Brook - two young batsmen without that mingy attitude and who really love to attack with bat in hand.
Aust needs to find simliar young batting talent now. Step aside Warner for a start.

The post-match drink snub that wasn't?

I reckon the over the top reactions on this thread far exceeds any whingeing the poms did. It's hilarious really.

Hope a lot of the same players are still around for the next series in Aust. it will have plenty of feeling.
OMG. Again. You actually fell for that. Your naivete and gullibility is astounding. If you really cannot 'read between the lines' on all this, I'm not going to even try to explain it to you. But seriously ....

Last edited:
So Stokes drops that catch, knew he did immediately, yet asks for a review? How does that work?
His team pushed for the review so he went with it. But then was infuriated when it was counted as a lost review,which was the totally correct outcome - and supported by all English commentary that I saw/heard.
But Stokes argued and berated the umps at the pitch and all the way off the ground due to the following rain delay.

Oh well, just another example Of Baz and Stokesy's implementation of the "Spirit of the Game", of course.

There are some things we,re meant to hate, umpires, the price of petrol, Labor party sycophants and the Poms in the cricket!

Bit of a stretch for any poster to drag politics into this but, since you did, you must have accidentally omitted "and LNP crooks, grafters and corrupt criminals."

Want me to amend for you?

PS - there's been a lot around to hate. Apparently a former NSW premier even found one in her bed!

How *smile* are the English for not having a beer with the Australians after a hard fought series.
What a pack of whinging sore losers!
Noticeably the Australians were friendly and good sports throughout. Gave a guard of honour to Broad. Congratulated Stokes on his century.
Head even seemed to give a consoling pat and chat to Stokes going in to lunch after he had dropped Smith.

Reactions: 1 users
Then complained because they didn’t get their review back.

It’s in the spirit of the game apparently
And badgered the onfield umpires.
Even after the end of the session, walking off for lunch. All the way of the ground.
Disrespectful.
Spirit of the game - take the umpires decision

Reactions: 1 user