Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

I’ve been saying this the last few summers, the schedule has become a joke. The “summer “ of cricket starts in late November and is done by January 6. It’s like CA is in such a rush to get it over and done with.
Agree, and believe it or not, but the 1st test starts mid-December!! Nothing in November.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, they've got it arse-about. School holidays are the end of December and virtually all January. That's when the bulk of the schedule should be.

October and the first half of November for state cricket. Touring nation arrives early November and plays at least two warm-up games. First Test in Brisbane end of November or even early December. Second Test Boxing Day, third Sydney New Year's (can't get away from that even though it rains every year), fourth in Perth mid-Jan, fifth Adelaide Invasion Day weekend.

Of course that means the touring team would have to spend pretty much three months in the country. If you prioritise Test cricket. Which they pay lip-service to doing - players and administrators. The Big Bash is clearly the priority going by scheduling.

They could even go back to breaking up the Test schedule to fit in the ODIs in January. It worked fine in the 80s and 90s. Bring back the World Series Cup! Where's my scrotometer?!

They could even go back to breaking up the Test schedule to fit in the ODIs in January. It worked fine in the 80s and 90s. Bring back the World Series Cup! Where's my scrotometer?!
Yeah I liked this too. Bit of variety.

Anyone going to the world cup in india?
I'll be there for a week and trying squeeze in a match. The schedule is very extended

At the WACA watching the shield game.
Puck it good to see Puc back playing cricket, is looking good too, Vics 0-75 after being sent in.
It’s not a very strong bowling lineup that Wa have, no Morris, Richardson, Paris or Kelly.

Reactions: 3 users
The Vics, in their own inimitable way, went from 0/108 to all out 256 (lost 10/148) in the state game v WA in Perth.

Having a look around the teams, geez there some average looking State teams getting around.

Tas look like we might sneak a win over SA.

But Tasmania's team not a patch on the teams in the golden era of the earlier this decade though.

Probably a sign of where the sports at in the country/state.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
ODI World Cup starts tonight to mid-Nov. 10 teams all in 1 ladder, each play each other 9 times = 45 games in total. Final four playoff. Better than nothing I suppose...

Having a look around the teams, geez there some average looking State teams getting around.

But Tasmania's team not a patch on the teams in the golden era of the earlier this decade though.

Have been impressed with Caleb Jewell the last 12 months. Has started the shield season off well again. There might be opportunities in the future with age of Warner, Smith and Khawaja.

At the WACA again today, let out a Puck whats wrong with Puc when wasn’t on the field at all he start of play, had a real feeling of dread.
Was relieved when I saw him take the field, Wa 1-59.

Definitely a transition phase. Lots of young players yet to establish themselves.

On the batting front I like the look of Kellaway, Wylie, McSweeney, Fraser-McGurk and of course Puc who is the standout young talent. Hardie could potentially be a No.6 who can bowl but stuck behind Green. Sutherland and Perry promising bowling all-rounders but I don't see our next bowling star anywhere.

Definitely a transition phase. Lots of young players yet to establish themselves.

On the batting front I like the look of Kellaway, Wylie, McSweeney, Fraser-McGurk and of course Puc who is the standout young talent. Hardie could potentially be a No.6 who can bowl but stuck behind Green. Sutherland and Perry promising bowling all-rounders but I don't see our next bowling star anywhere.
Caleb Jewell getting a fair write up on Cricinfo. Was good in the Australia A games v. NZ, and got 87 in the first shield game.
Teague Wylie does look a talent.

Caleb Jewell getting a fair write up on Cricinfo. Was good in the Australia A games v. NZ, and got 87 in the first shield game.
Teague Wylie does look a talent.
I haven't seen much of Jewell but he'd have to be a candidate, especially as an opener.

I haven't seen much of Jewell but he'd have to be a candidate, especially as an opener.
Was out for 2nd ball duck after I gave him wrap. Yes Bancroft probably got first dibs, currently 78 not out after scoring runs for fun last season.

Was out for 2nd ball duck after I gave him wrap. Yes Bancroft probably got first dibs, currently 78 not out after scoring runs for fun last season.
Renshaw did bugger all for Queensland as well, but I'd rather try someone new, rather than go back to Bancroft or Harris, when Warner and Khawaja move on.