Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

They play with freedom, aggression and accentuate their strengths. They don't stick to some sort of "this is the way you should play test cricket" mantra. They are much more authentic than any other test side I can recall. They don't fret about failure. Remind me a lot of the tigers approach.

Understand and take on board you are rarely wrong but the over the top hatred and derision of the positive approach of the English is dare I say it, "Un Australian".
Disagree Jazzman, “this is the way you should play test cricket” is exactly what they did with their “spirit of the game” bleating.

Yes, there’s a hatred of the Poms, it’s test cricket. Read what the Poms are saying about us, it’s the same hatred returned.

There are some things we,re meant to hate, umpires, the price of petrol, Labor party sycophants and the Poms in the cricket!

Reactions: 1 user
The post-match drink snub that wasn't?

I reckon the over the top reactions on this thread far exceeds any whingeing the poms did. It's hilarious really.

Hope a lot of the same players are still around for the next series in Aust. it will have plenty of feeling.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Disagree Jazzman, “this is the way you should play test cricket” is exactly what they did with their “spirit of the game” bleating.

Yes, there’s a hatred of the Poms, it’s test cricket. Read what the Poms are saying about us, it’s the same hatred returned.

There are some things we,re meant to hate, umpires, the price of petrol, Labor party sycophants and the Poms in the cricket!
You forgot Tom Stewart, salty & the whole Cats organisation

• Haha
The post-match drink snub that wasn't?

I reckon the over the top reactions on this thread far exceeds any whingeing the poms did. It's hilarious really.
Wasn't really a stretch to believe it was it given the previous statements from McCullum?

They could have let the Australians know what was happening re the delay. Sounds like a load of bollocks.

Reactions: 2 users
So Stokes drops that catch, knew he did immediately, yet asks for a review? How does that work?

An Australian team spokesman declined to comment, but sources close to the team, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, claimed they knocked on the England dressing room door a number of times and waited for more than an hour.

At best, the Poms were disrespectful.

Reactions: 2 users

An Australian team spokesman declined to comment, but sources close to the team, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, claimed they knocked on the England dressing room door a number of times and waited for more than an hour.

At best, the Poms were disrespectful.
Sounds like Caro's sources.

The media loves blowing everything up, and supporters love feeding off it.

Prefer to hear from the actual players

I read somewhere that Broad only played in one wining test match in Australia.
Broad played 15 Tests in Australia for a 1-11 record with three draws. The win was Adelaide 2010-11.
But England's overall record in Australia since 1990 is pretty terrible. 6-32 and 7 draws. If you remove 2010-11, it's 3-31 and 6.

I think no other sporting team drops as low as the cats

the hoo-ha started at Lords with Careys run out of Bairstow..
rather than nip it in the bud and accept the legality of the dismissal the English chose to complain, even though they are guilty of
similar actions and motives. The MCC lost it, and that scene of them abusing the Australians won't go away and nor should it.
Because it's LOW..
Because it's not just about a team, it's also about an organisation that should know and act better.
The cricketing world is laughing in their faces. The MCC won't live that down, and the English cricket team is very much a part of the MCC.

'Tis a wiff of entitlement that undoes honour MD ..

Wasn't really a stretch to believe it was it given the previous statements from McCullum?

They could have let the Australians know what was happening re the delay. Sounds like a load of bollocks.
Yes, it's bollocks alright, Stokes talks with a forked tongue.

the hoo-ha started at Lords with Careys run out of Bairstow..
rather than nip it in the bud and accept the legality of the dismissal the English chose to complain, even though they are guilty of
similar actions and motives. The MCC lost it, and that scene of them abusing the Australians won't go away and nor should it.
Because it's LOW..
Because it's not just about a team, it's also about an organisation that should know and act better.
The cricketing world is laughing in their faces. The MCC won't live that down, and the English cricket team is very much a part of the MCC.

'Tis a wiff of entitlement that undoes honour MD ..
They accepted the legality. I accept the legality. The method was what was questioned. And I strongly disagree with similarity to others.

Been over it too often and I share a different opinion to almost all on this thread about it. This must be how total body rub feels on theumpires thread!

Our crowds would have reacted way worse, why is over-reacting the exclusive domain of the moron flag-wearing and waving bogan? Why is a toff excluded from reacting emotionally? It shows passion for the sport. Wiff of entitlement has nothing to do with it and that's a bit of a chip on your shoulder reaction to me.