Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

400 runs and two whole days to chase them down, easy peasy if our batting top order had any sort of form n consistency. Reckon we'll get another innings of batting starts n nearly almosts. Top scorer around the 70 run mark and a handful of 20's to 40's, all out by stumps or very early tomorra for about 250 to 280.
Lucky for us Augustus helped us scrape up a couple of wins to start the series, would have been obliterated without his help.

Reactions: 1 users
400 runs and two whole days to chase them down, easy peasy if our batting top order had any sort of form n consistency. Reckon we'll get another innings of batting starts n nearly almosts. Top scorer around the 70 run mark and a handful of 20's to 40's, all out by stumps or very early tomorra for about 250 to 280.
Lucky for us Augustus helped us scrape up a couple of wins to start the series, would have been obliterated without his help.
250-280 sounds about right.

All too predictable unfortunately.

Doubt we can win it from here.

Will be chasing possibly 400 runs to win in the fourth innings.

They have Wood & Broad and are batsmen apart from a few individual innings , shown the mental toughness to bat for long periods, make a big score and keep the runs ticking.

Will be an enthralling watch though.

Mighty be a sneaky chance if we don't lose early wickets. The England quicks all bowled 20 overs or more, and will have had only a days rest.
Grind them down with a big partnership, then with wickets in hand take their tired bowlers to the cleaners.

Reactions: 1 user
Frustrating day again.

Can't believe the lack of leadership and thought in our bowling. What has happened to the art of bowling to 6 stumps and taking away all but one or two shots when a batsman is going?

Still, I think given the fatigue on the Poms, the lack of a spinner, a pitch playing pretty well still and the fact the Oval has shrunk dramatically in recent times means the target is gettable.

One of the top 4 needs to get a decent hundred and we can win this.

Reactions: 2 users
Reading this thread am amazed this reckless Bazball mob gets almost 400 in a second innings. Surely such a reckless (talentless according to some) batting lineup would have been easy pickings?

Sure I’ll read about the Poms getting the best of the batting conditions again.

At least we have 2 days to get the runs.

Whichever way you slice it, England have been the better of two evenly matched teams all series. Remember, they led the running for almost the entire first Test before fluffing their lines at the last minute. So they should have won that, they did win the third, would have won the fourth and will win today. And there are those who will tell you that they were a controversial stumping away from the second. Testament to our resolve and professionalism that we prevailed in the first two Tests despite all that, when we were a bit fresher, and in the end that went a long way to retention.
But there are interesting times ahead. Who of the current side will be playing next time we meet, 2.5 years away? Green, Labuschagne, Murphy, Head. Maybe Cummins and Carey.

that’s England done.

whatever happens now, it’s gonna be fun.

gut tells me we’re gonna take our time like we have all series.

Davey, though, might wanna throw the bat

Well done to Broad on a great career. He has got under my skin at times, but he has been a fantastic bowler and competitor. He has picked the perfect time to retire, and is going out at the top of his game.

I dips me lid.

Reactions: 4 users
Well done to Broad on a great career. He has got under my skin at times, but he has been a fantastic bowler and competitor. He has picked the perfect time to retire, and is going out at the top of his game.

I dips me lid.
Warner might lift....

• Haha
Have a feeling we’ll get ripped apart. UK is just too slow and non threatening, Lasagne has had a shocking series and Head seems to have lost it. Could be all over today. Hopefully not but it’s gonna need an unparalleled effort otherwise.

Have a feeling we’ll get ripped apart. UK is just too slow and non threatening, Lasagne has had a shocking series and Head seems to have lost it. Could be all over today. Hopefully not but it’s gonna need an unparalleled effort otherwise.
I'm the opposite Redders, a day 4 wicket, the suns out, so should be good conditions for batting. It's going to take a big effort, but get a good partnership happening, with the bowlers only having had a days rest , I can see the Aussies giving it a mighty shake. Just need a big partnership.

Last edited:
I'm the opposite Redders, a day 4 wicket, the suns out, so should be could conditions for batting. It's going to take a big effort, but get a good partnership happening, with the bowlers only having had a days rest , I can see the Aussies giving it a mighty shake. Just need a big partnership.
Hope you’re right Toigs !

A win here in this test will stamp Cummins as the best captain post 2000. Achieving things none of the others could do.

We can’t save or draw this test, we can only try to win it. To that end, it’s pleasing to see UK batting with a bit more purpose.