Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Starc has had a great series but I can’t cop that. Two wide four balls and another straight half-volley.

Not good enough and England are away

Tired Australian cricketers, long away tour.

Even with families around, or especially with families around, everyone would be eying that flight home.

It’s been a sloppy couple of tests and there’s a few uncomfortable questions to be asked if England levels at 2-2, which they most likely will.

Why does the batting still lack steel?

When will Cameron Green make runs?

Is Hazlewood still good enough, often enough?

What is our young bowling depth like?

Where are the next batting prodigies at Shield level?

Warner, Khawaja, Smith, Hazlewood, Starc and Lyon could all be gone from test cricket within a year or two. How will we look in England next time?

How do we refresh the lineup ahead of the next home Ashes?

Why were our fields often not aggressive enough at times or simply not in tune with the incumbent batsman or the flow of the game?

Is captaincy too heavy a burden for our best strike bowler?

Are we really the best test team in the world?

Reactions: 2 users
Tired Australian cricketers, long away tour.

Even with families around, or especially with families around, everyone would be eying that flight home.

It’s been a sloppy couple of tests and there’s a few uncomfortable questions to be asked if England levels at 2-2, which they most likely will.

Why does the batting still lack steel?

When will Cameron Green make runs?

Is Hazlewood still good enough, often enough?

What is our young bowling depth like?

Where are the next batting prodigies at Shield level?

Warner, Khawaja, Smith, Hazlewood, Starc and Lyon could all be gone from test cricket within a year or two. How will we look in England next time?

How do we refresh the lineup ahead of the next home Ashes?

Why were our fields often not aggressive enough at times or simply not in tune with the incumbent batsman or the flow of the game?

Is captaincy too heavy a burden for our best strike bowler?

Are we really the best test team in the world?
All good points.

Same thing happened on the last Ashes tour and the disappointing thing for me is we don’t seem to have changed anything. We were desperate for a few changes here if not Old Trafford to freshen things up. Neser had to come in. Warner had to go out.

There will need to be a big transition soon with this ageing team. Two relatively soft home series coming up would be a good chance to start it but you just know it’s going to be a summer farewell tour for Warner and friends.

Reactions: 2 users
Baggy greens need to start transitioning people now ... but i got a feeling it will be a late, slow train ...