Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

The rain hurt us big time last night. Two set batsmen well on top, flagging attack with an unfit spinner. We could have had 100 to get tonight with 7-10 wickets in hand.
Their attack looked old last night or a wicket that gave nothing.

Agree.
Let’s see how much that delay will cause in tonight’s thinking.

The rain hurt us big time last night. Two set batsmen well on top, flagging attack with an unfit spinner. We could have had 100 to get tonight with 7-10 wickets in hand.
Yeh, the Poms looked impotent. They were lucky. We could easily have gone at more than 5 an over after tea.

Hope we get a full days play. Think the aussies should start the day as favourites.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes indeed, watched until lunch, rapt. Then woke up to 'Aussies flip script' headline. love it. Yes if the rain had held off, and we'd got to 0 or 1 for 200-220 at stumps, which looked like a very real possibility, how sweet that would have been. Still, I'll take it!

Remember though that the dodgy ball change was wreaking some havoc, sending Khawaja to the deck and missing his edge a couple of times.

It will be a pity if we are robbed of a 3-1 series win cos of the bad English weather.
It is good to see Warner going out on a high. I hope he can get a well deserved double hundred.

Easier said than done but our bats have to start this innings from scratch. We,re 0/0 needing 258 to win.

Reckon we might struggle to make 249 in a day

Wicket was slow and hard to score on yesterday and the Poms will likely only bowl 80 overs or less for the day

I'm the opposite Redders, a day 4 wicket, the suns out, so should be good conditions for batting. It's going to take a big effort, but get a good partnership happening, with the bowlers only having had a days rest , I can see the Aussies giving it a mighty shake. Just need a big partnership.
Cmon Toigs…you can do it !!

keep batting solidly,... although expect an early wicket ..

gets down to Head and Marsh... belt the leather off the ball for the win ..

Big day ahead .. go Aussies . Been enjoying the ashes as its starts 12.30pm and ends 7.30pm here in Botswana ( the rest of Soccer mad Botswana are getting up early of staying up late towatch the womens world cup in Australia) . Anyway get to watch thu a cricket live feed thu facebook via india .on the laptop .
Aussies in South Africa next from August 30 .. ODIs, 20/20 ready for the world cup . That will be on free to air tv here yay.

Last edited: