Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Why do you think Bazball is a farce ? I think it’s been a bit overhyped as a concept but I wouldn’t say farce.

I just think it is junk cricket. Players with *smile* techniques hiding behind big bats, small grounds and a throw away philosophy to try and reduce test cricket into 2 50 over games.

The wickets they have produced for this series have been a disgrace, especially the first two. Trying to kill sideways movement and maintain even bouce so they can drop the bat through the line at will.

Playing in England used to be a great measure of a player, good bowlers took wickets and good batsman made runs, this series has been more like Australia lite conditions.

The worst part is our team lacks so much leadership they have swallowed the kool aide and played in a manner that supports the junk cricket being played.

You only have to listen to Punter in commentary to see what he thinks of it and how he would respond as Captain, Langer and McGrath feel the same and I can only imagine what Warne would have made of it.

Today's play was probably the most English wicket the series has had and there was absolutely no resolution from England with the bat. Cheap junk, miss and giggle, shrug your shoulders and cry entertainment. AB would have beaten them to death with their own bats when they got off the field and rightly so.

In other news from today the so called Barmy Army are still the greatest group of *smile* to walk the earth. They are the Bazball of fans.

Reactions: 8 users
All comes down to us handling Wood. See him off and we can post a nice first innings lead.

Anderson is no threat, and not because of age, or lack of zip that many "experts" are suggesting. His pace his still the same.

It's because he has lost the point of difference that made him great - His outswinger. Maybe his body can't rotate like it used to, to deliver it.

Without it he is just another medium pace trundler.

Combine that with Moeen injured and we have a great opportunity.

Smith is due a big one. Could it be in his last test? Certainly in England. Great time to make it.
I dont think Anderson has lost his swing - he can still move the ball both in and out. He does seem to have lost the ability to make it move late, which is what made him so good. It’s now swinging from his hand, giving the batters more time to adjust.

That suggests a a slight reduction in wrist snap at release. It’s similar to the way Gillespie faded for us - he lost ‘ zip’ even though he bowled at the same airspeed, although in his case it was the movement of the seam he lost not swing.

Reactions: 1 user
I just think it is junk cricket. Players with *smile* techniques hiding behind big bats, small grounds and a throw away philosophy to try and reduce test cricket into 2 50 over games.

The wickets they have produced for this series have been a disgrace, especially the first two. Trying to kill sideways movement and maintain even bouce so they can drop the bat through the line at will.

Playing in England used to be a great measure of a player, good bowlers took wickets and good batsman made runs, this series has been more like Australia lite conditions.

The worst part is our team lacks so much leadership they have swallowed the kool aide and played in a manner that supports the junk cricket being played.

You only have to listen to Punter in commentary to see what he thinks of it and how he would respond as Captain, Langer and McGrath feel the same and I can only imagine what Warne would have made of it.

Today's play was probably the most English wicket the series has had and there was absolutely no resolution from England with the bat. Cheap junk, miss and giggle, shrug your shoulders and cry entertainment. AB would have beaten them to death with their own bats when they got off the field and rightly so.

In other news from today the so called Barmy Army are still the greatest group of *smile* to walk the earth. They are the Bazball of fans.
Amen.

Although you forgot "have a rib surgically removed so you can fellate yourself and tell the world you're playing cricket 'how it should be played'."

England are to going to be the greatest team ever to lose a series 1-3.
Dunno about that. I’m sure they won’t see themselves as losers. After all, they think of themselves as the moral victors of a washed out drawn test. That stopped momentum of them actually winning that test followed by this test. In their minds, I’m positive they think it should be a 3-2 series to them :)

Play positive but not reckless. Plan to bat the whole day, at least (if not 2), and the runs will come. Grind them down.

Reactions: 1 users
What usually happens is a wicket goes down early on a new day restart so to state the obvious Marnus and Uzzy really really need to knuckle down the first 45 minutes.

Dunno about that. I’m sure they won’t see themselves as losers. After all, they think of themselves as the moral victors of a washed out drawn test. That stopped momentum of them actually winning that test followed by this test. In their minds, I’m positive they think it should be a 3-2 series to them :)
Morally, it's 5-0.

Reactions: 1 user
Poms could be in strife with only 4 bowlers, and no spinner.
Could see some TravBall either side of tea, if the bowlers are worn down.

This a thousand times over.

My Grandfather always used to tell me, any batsmen who thinks they are better than Bradman only has to go to England and prove it.

You should read the garbage comments on the BBC website about the 1st session this morning. So many English 'heroes' having a crack at the Aussies for boring cricket. I personally found it absorbing stuff, and full credit to Khawaja and Labuschagne for managing to hold the English attack out in perfect bowling conditions.

Quite frankly I am appalled at how low English cricket spectators have sunk this Ashes series. They used to be, far and away, the most respectful and knowledgeable spectators of the game!

Reactions: 3 users