Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

I woke up this morning to see what the score expecting the worse.

Stokes 100 still in and 5-6 down.

Instead the below.

Got to build on the start and throw the pressure back on England .

If 1-2 players can make , like big 100 plus, it will put us in a great position.

Let’s see.

Attachments

• F743B706-D6D5-46F3-9B32-20E2A46786D1.jpeg
    F743B706-D6D5-46F3-9B32-20E2A46786D1.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 1 user
It will be the most anti-climactic farewell if he has asked for a farewell test in Sydney. My reading is that he is very unpopular with the general public, most want him gone and are frustrated that he is still being selected.

Warner aint no Steve Waugh, tubby Taylor or a Ponting or Mcgrath - all true greats of the game where the public were sad to see them move on - the fact he has asked for a Sydney farewell says it all to me, he thinks he is bigger than the team.
Here's a thought, leave Warner out of the Perth and MCG tests against Pakistan, and then make him the sub......12th man for the SCG test:)

Sloppy fielding by the Aussies, they dropped 5 catches, including 3 off Cummins who was the pick of the bowlers.

Got a feeling a couple of the Aussies are going to put together a big partnership, the perfect opportunity with Ali injured and Anderson looking a shadow of himself.

5 dropped catches costing about 120 runs ain’t good. But I’m not sure you can just deduct 120 from englands score if you take into account the sliding doors/butterfly effect.

And don’t forget Jonny Bairstow has already dropped one for England costing 24 runs. Geez we need the bats to really stand up tonight.

5 dropped catches costing about 120 runs ain’t good. But I’m not sure you can just deduct 120 from englands score if you take into account the sliding doors/butterfly effect.

And don’t forget Jonny Bairstow has already dropped one for England costing 24 runs. Geez we need the bats to really stand up tonight.
The one Jonny Backstop got a fingernail to wasn't really a chance. And no, you can't just deduct the runs made after the catches dropped. Still, we should have rolled them for 200-250.

We finally won a toss, finally got the good bowling conditions and they were lucky to last 55 overs. Now for the sun to shine, give us a batting day and be 4/400 at stumps.

Reactions: 1 users
The one Jonny Backstop got a fingernail to wasn't really a chance. And no, you can't just deduct the runs made after the catches dropped. Still, we should have rolled them for 200-250.

We finally won a toss, finally got the good bowling conditions and they were lucky to last 55 overs. Now for the sun to shine, give us a batting day and be 4/400 at stumps.
Still goes down as a chance and a good keeper woulda snared it but yeah shoulda rolled them for that range of 200-250. 4/400 would be nice but the way our batting has gone, especially as the series has progressed, I’m expecting high 200s low 300s.

Still goes down as a chance and a good keeper woulda snared it but yeah shoulda rolled them for that range of 200-250. 4/400 would be nice but the way our batting has gone, especially as the series has progressed, I’m expecting high 200s low 300s.
I'm not sure Rod Marsh would have caught it, Timmy. Jonny Backstop, no chance.

Marnus made a ton last knock, Smith looked imperious in the first innings of the fourth test before his dodgy LBW. Usman has been the best batsman of the series. We're due to make 400. Let's make 700.

Reactions: 3 users
Murphy got 2 wickets off limited overs, which hopefully gives the kid confidence going into England’s second innings!

All comes down to us handling Wood. See him off and we can post a nice first innings lead.

Anderson is no threat, and not because of age, or lack of zip that many "experts" are suggesting. His pace his still the same.

It's because he has lost the point of difference that made him great - His outswinger. Maybe his body can't rotate like it used to, to deliver it.

Without it he is just another medium pace trundler.

Combine that with Moeen injured and we have a great opportunity.

Smith is due a big one. Could it be in his last test? Certainly in England. Great time to make it.

Reactions: 3 users