Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

He can resume what he was doing in the dressing room. Starc has pushed the door ajar. Time to kick it down, especially if they can dismiss Brook

Marsh drops Woakes, the 4th dropped catch by Australia.

Murphy bowls Wood, has 2 wickets now, both bowled. I hope Cummins has more confidence in Murphy now.

8-268.

Last edited:
Besides runs in our first innings we must bat a lot of time. No frontline spinner, a bowler looking sore in Anderson and Wood bowling most likely in short bursts a chance to make them hurt and put them under serious pressure.

Reactions: 1 user
Davey continues his blistering form for 24. It’s ok, he “left a lot of runs out there”

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
All up, a sloppy day we didn’t pay a premium for which is fortunate.

If the sun is out early doors day 2 then we are ahead.

But only if our bats can build some partnerships.

Davey continues his blistering form for 24. It’s ok, he “left a lot of runs out there”

It will be the most anti-climactic farewell if he has asked for a farewell test in Sydney. My reading is that he is very unpopular with the general public, most want him gone and are frustrated that he is still being selected.

Warner aint no Steve Waugh, tubby Taylor or a Ponting or Mcgrath - all true greats of the game where the public were sad to see them move on - the fact he has asked for a Sydney farewell says it all to me, he thinks he is bigger than the team.

Reactions: 3 users
It will be the most anti-climactic farewell if he has asked for a farewell test in Sydney. My reading is that he is very unpopular with the general public, most want him gone and are frustrated that he is still being selected.

Warner aint no Steve Waugh, tubby Taylor or a Ponting or Mcgrath - all true greats of the game where the public were sad to see them move on - the fact he has asked for a Sydney farewell says it all to me, he thinks he is bigger than the team.
He’s super high maintenance. Always has been. Probably more trouble than he’s worth and if we had an opener with the barest sliver of talent in the last decade Warner wouldn’t still be around.

Plus, he has way too much dirt against Cricket Australia and is the type of bloke who will use it if needed.

We should have rolled Bazland for 180 but won the day. Some tired / 'job done' catching attempts - if Carey had pouched that fairly straightforward one off Harry Baseball we might have knocked them over for 150.

Someone needs to get a big score tonight.

Reactions: 5 users