Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

We don’t deserve to be saved by rain. I’d prefer a days cricket to decide the outcome.

However if it does wash out I can’t wait to see the reaction of the English press in general, and specifically knobhead Piers Morgan’s totally predictable meltdown.

If Stokes delayed his declaration to get Bairstow his century ...
1. He didn't get it anyway, and
2. They were 5/437 when he Bairstow went in, 120 in front. Given the weather forecast, I'd have declared then.

A bit tough on England if the weather saves us ... they have deserved to win this Test and the series, but with the carry on about the stumping and the booing of certain Australian players, I will be happy to take the Ashes any way we can.

Reactions: 3 users
Interestingly though Baloo I have been watching the odds on the outcome with some interest the last few days.

In the last 12 hours the draw, although still favourite, has drifted with both an English win and amazingly an Australian win shortening.

How the hell anyone could think we can win from here?
Only some Bothamesque cricket where we get a lead of 120 and England sh!t the bed. Ain't Gunna happen though

Agree that normally would prefer no rain and play the game. But the Poms, team and media, have gone a bit over the top with this bazball *smile* so will be happy to take the series and retain the trophy in any way possible.

And smile a lot when we do.

Reactions: 4 users
Agree that normally would prefer no rain and play the game. But the Poms, team and media, have gone a bit over the top with this bazball *smile* so will be happy to take the series and retain the trophy in any way possible.

And smile a lot when we do.
Agree. Rain is their problem not ours. This'll be a draw. Ashes retained.

Last I read the rule book, I believe rain is in the ‘spirit of the game‘ - so clouds willing, I say let it sh!t down cats, dogs and anything else all day long as far as I am concerned.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Not sure it would have made any difference really when they declared given there is likely only going to have been 30 overs for the last 2 days.

Amazed at the level of criticism of Cummins. He deserves some sure, but its way way OTT, and there is a little bit of evidence to back it up: 1, we just won the world test championship, 2, we're 2-1 up in an Ashes series in England. On top of that, you have to give some credit to the opposition. The level of criticism is more in line with getting relentlessly flogged for a full season or 2.

Broad has come out and said that a draw would be unjust. Root suggests the game could be played until 10pm ….

Amazing how suddenly the rules should be changed.

Broad has been an amazing bowler but he is also an amazing wanker.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Amazed at the level of criticism of Cummins. He deserves some sure, but its way way OTT, and there is a little bit of evidence to back it up: 1, we just won the world test championship, 2, we're 2-1 up in an Ashes series in England. On top of that, you have to give some credit to the opposition. The level of criticism is more in line with getting relentlessly flogged for a full season or 2.
No credit being given to the english on here.

The World Test champs was a farce, India were particularly poor. And are useless in England.

Arguably lucky to be up in the series, no thanks to Cummins capt. He is clearly not up to it. Nor should a fast bowler (especially your strike one) be expected to also Capt the side.

Broad has come out and said that a draw would be unjust. Root suggests the game could be played until 10pm ….

Incredible. Ask all 22 players at 6:30 pm on Day 1 of any Test in any circumstances whether they want to play on and see what sort of response you get.

Reactions: 1 user
Broad has come out and said that a draw would be unjust.
What is wrong with that? They have dominated the game. He's probably right. But not the first "unjust" result in cricket. Or in sport. And won't be the last.

No credit being given to the english on here.

The World Test champs was a farce, India were particularly poor. And are useless in England.

Arguably lucky to be up in the series, no thanks to Cummins capt. He is clearly not up to it. Nor should a fast bowler (especially your strike one) be expected to also Capt the side.
You're not giving any credit to the Indians!

*smile*. 2-1 up with Cummo in the chair. Smithassella?

Again, if we are relentlessly getting flogged, thats clearly not up to it, objectively. If you're winning the contest, you can criticise sure, but clearly not up to it is objectively ludicrous.

We should be ashamed of ourselves really, if the shoe was on the other foot the English would be innovative and accomodating, move the contest to an indoor stadium, another city where its not raining. As the colonial masters they are morally and intellectually superior to us.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
You're not giving any credit to the Indians!

*smile*. 2-1 up with Cummo in the chair. Smithassella?

Again, if we are relentlessly getting flogged, thats clearly not up to it, objectively. If you're winning the contest, you can criticise sure, but clearly not up to it is objectively ludicrous.
India - an ageing side past their best playing in a foreign country. Hardly a first class opponent.

There are plenty of expert commentators questioning many aspects of Cummins captaincy. Both local and international commentators. It's really not a job for your No.1 fast bowler.

We should be ashamed of ourselves really, if the shoe was on the other foot the English would be innovative and accomodating, move the contest to an indoor stadium, another city where its not raining. As the colonial masters they are morally and intellectually superior to us.
There appears to be a massive chip on many shoulders here given the over-reactions to anything the Poms say or do.

It's been a terrific series and ideally we would be going into the final test with the Ashes on the line.

Play to start in 45 minutes, lets hope we get some play.

Reactions: 1 users