Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Their forecast says 90-95% chance of rain just about all day tomorrow and similar the next day. Hope they’re more accurate than our BOM.

Reactions: 1 user
This test has been a huge failure ‘on tactics’.

Test will be level 2-2.

Momentum all with England.

It can be turned around .

Cricket has its ebs & flows. But it should never have come down to the fifth test. It has as it appears at the moment.

Attachments

• DEDDE45A-260F-49F9-8E80-A7ADD8A6A003.jpeg
    DEDDE45A-260F-49F9-8E80-A7ADD8A6A003.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 3
This test has been a huge failure ‘on tactics’.

Not just this test, last test as well. Complete failure with tactics to Stokes. Questions have to be raised not just with the captaincy but with the coach as well if we lose.

Reactions: 1 users
We can bowl. Especially with a good spinner in the mix to provide variety.

Bat? It’s been our issue for 10 years and I don’t think we’ve improved much.

We can bowl. Especially with a good spinner in the mix to provide variety.

Bat? It’s been our issue for 10 years and I don’t think we’ve improved much.
Lyon a huge loss but development of the next spinner(S) so worrying.

The lack of faith shown in the last test outlined where we are at!

The poms will only need about 6 overs to finish it.
I just hope our players tough it out. I reckon all across Test cricket over the last decade, the art of the rearguard action has simply disappeared. Once a team is 7-8 down in a lost cause, they give up the ghost. We have to be aware that the weather could intervene at any moment, and we only need a draw to keep the Ashes. It would be manifestly unfair to England who IMO have been the better team from day 1 (of the series), but I'd take that.

I could understand the idea that bowling short to the English with their "Bazball" game was a possible tactic. But after 4 tests it isn't working, so why keep doing it? Do they not know how to learn from evidence?

Short bowling may work but we don't have the bowlers who can consistently bowl short, not fast or accurate enough.

If the tactic doesn't work, you try something different.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
I could understand the idea that bowling short to the English with their "Bazball" game was a possible tactic. But after 4 tests it isn't working, so why keep doing it? Do they not know how to learn from evidence?

Short bowling may work but we don't have the bowlers who can consistently bowl short, not fast or accurate enough.

If the tactic doesn't work, you try something different.

DS
We have no one like Wood.

Hazelwood just said its that wet they need 90 minutes to get ground ready for play once rain stops.

Youd think that is it today

• Haha
  • Wow