Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

A great ton by Labuschagne, he finally converts a start. It’s raining at the golf but not at the cricket. The light is bad though, Stokes got told if he bowled Wood the Umpires would over Australia the light.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
A great ton by Labuschagne, he finally converts a start. It’s raining at the golf but not at the cricket. The light is bad though, Stokes got told if he bowled Wood the Umpires would over Australia the light.
They don't "offer the light" to the batting team any more ... the umpires are the sole judge.

• Wow
Looks like a draw is the most likely outcome now. Seriously bad weather predicted across the whole area on Sunday

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Looks like a draw is the most likely outcome now. Seriously bad weather predicted across the whole area on Sunday
If rain forces a draw in this test it's like a win for us. England deserve to win this game. We seem a shell of the team we were, not sure we can turn it around for the fifth test.

• Sad
If rain forces a draw in this test it's like a win for us. England deserve to win this game. We seem a shell of the team we were, not sure we can turn it around for the fifth test.
Probably right but retaining the Ashes this way is actually good for the pommies because it will give them something to legitimately whinge about.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
They don't "offer the light" to the batting team any more ... the umpires are the sole judge.
Yes that's correct, it was a figure of speech. I had one screen on the cricket and another on the golf.
I reckon if rain allows Australia to get out of this test with a draw, Stokes will be questioned why he batted so long on day 3 with a dodgy weather forecast.

Last edited:
Yes that's correct, it was a figure of speech. I had one screen on the cricket and another on the golf.
I reckon if rain allows Australia to get of this test with a draw, Stokes will be questioned why he batted so long on day 3 with a dodgy weather forecast.
Exactly Tigerman.

I would, personally have declared either 50 behind or 50 in front.

Forced the hand. AUS looked shaky earlier on.

Manus might have swung it our way for a draw.

But never trust in weather to save and salvage a draw.

Still last day approaching. Talk was we would get No cricket yesterday, but go some.

Marsh & Green looking ok.

Exactly Tigerman.

I would, personally have declared either 50 behind or 50 in front.

Forced the hand. AUS looked shaky earlier on.

Manus might have swung it our way for a draw.

But never trust in weather to save and salvage a draw.

Still last day approaching. Talk was we would get No cricket yesterday, but go some.

Marsh & Green looking ok.
Loved it when one of the umpires was wearing sunnies while talking to Stokes about the light.

• Haha
it's pretty funny that the famous English rain has a say in the Ashes -

- particularly with the English team having momentum

GOOD

A Poms win & 2-2 would be a fair representation of this series, hope the weather doesn't intervene.

A Poms win & 2-2 would be a fair representation of this series, hope the weather doesn't intervene.
Sure but it happens. Actually unusual not to have a test wrecked by weather in England.

The weather was the reason we didn’t win the 21/22 Ashes 5-0 if you recall. But of course that series doesn’t count, at least according to Stuart Broad.

England have probably edged this series so far but if they go into the 5th test 1-2 it’s because they fluffed the first test in reality.

For all of the bazball approach, considering the state of the match and the series, with the weather forecast the Poms batted for way too long in their first innings IMO.

I really lay the blame at the poor tactics the Aussies have used in the last 2 tests.
Frankly I think we've been diabolical.
As for Cummins Captaincy!!!!!! I truly think he's the worst since, well actually, I think he's the worst I can remember.

For all of the bazball approach, considering the state of the match and the series, with the weather forecast the Poms batted for way too long in their first innings IMO.
Especially with the forecast for days 4 & 5.