Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

And now Smith a stupid shot.
The Aussie have gone from Labuschagne and Khawaja looking comfortable at 1-68, to 3-72. Terrible cricket.
Yes, so disappointing. I went to bed at tea thinking we should be near able to bat them out of the game. Little did I expect those efforts from Marnus and Smith. After the captain has busted his back carrying the attack for 6 wickets [just imagine where we'd be if Cummins got a LTI?], for Smith to hit a catch straight to a fieldsman placed especially for that very shot, was a disgraceful bit of arrogance IMO. With all his experience - the team just needed a couple of 50s from him and Marnus.

Smith is too full of himself - " Look at me; I'm the closest thing to Bradman ..." Really let the side down in his milestone test too. Now we are vulnerable. After these two, there's really only Carey.
And Stokes is lurking. Root will be keen to make amends. Might need the weather to intervene and provide a draw.

Yes, so disappointing. I went to bed at tea thinking we should be near able to bat them out of the game. Little did I expect those efforts from Marnus and Smith. After the captain has busted his back carrying the attack for 6 wickets [just imagine where we'd be if Cummins got a LTI?
Yep, agree. Labuschagne and Khawaja batted for just under an hour after tea, and hardly looked troubled. Wood bowled his heart out, but was spent, they'd seen him off. Robinson was unable to bowl, and we knew that Stokes couldn't bowl. I thought we were a good chance to go to stumps 2 down.
Very disappointing, still, "cricket is a funny game", Head, Marsh, Carey, Starc and Cummins might put another 200 runs on the board.

Yep, agree. Labuschagne and Khawaja batted for just under an hour after tea, and hardly looked troubled. Wood bowled his heart out, but was spent, they'd seen him off. Robinson was unable to bowl, and we knew that Stokes couldn't bowl. I thought we were a good chance to go to stumps 2 down.
Very disappointing, still, "cricket is a funny game", Head, Marsh, Carey, Starc and Cummins might put another 200 runs on the board.
Sincerely hope we can do it. Don't want to lose this test especially after all the recent kerfuffle.

Reactions: 1 users
In the all time list, Atherton is the batsman in three of the top five entries:

19 - MA Atherton, GD McGrath
18 - AR Morris, AV Bedser
17 - MA Atherton, CEL Ambrose
17 - MA Atherton, CA Walsh
17 - DA Warner, SCJ Broad

It looked to me like Labuschagne and Smith just disrespected Moeen Ali. They were happy to have the quicks off and thought they'd cash in. I don't think he's much either but he's only the third English spinner ever to 200 wickets. Ordinary average of 37.13. I suppose his batting has kept him in the team and that inflates his aggregate.

Stumping-gate has overshadowed the fact that these two teams are incredibly well matched and people forget that England made the running for almost the entire 1st Test and fluffed it only in the last hour. The could also have pinched the 2nd - 6 for 301 needing 70. We got out of jail.

There is a lot of rain predicted for Leeds for the next three days. I'd be happy with a draw. Ashes done.

Reactions: 2 users
We got very difficult conditions to bat in. And the slow over rate should get the Poms a fine.

Well done to Travis Head on pushing us past 200.

Reactions: 3 users
Only chance of winning is to bowl full.

We won’t do this though so 2-1 to the Poms.

Cummins will bowl his heart out but has shown little ability in defending leads.

We’re gonna need a miracle
Yep. Needed to scratch out to at least a 300 lead to be even half a chance of putting some pressure on the Poms. Now we need two days of pissin rain or a mad Pommie collapse to save our arses.
Two to One will put the series right back on the knife edge though n the Poms would probably smarten up and present a proper traditional Pommie pitch for the fourth test.

Reactions: 1 user
Heavily favoured for England to win and bring the series to 1-2.

Going to take a masterclass from Cummins but you would think 224 will not be enough and them 0/27 at stumps.

Let’s see tonight.

Will weather interfere?

Think we'll win.

And BTW, how bad is the camera work when the ball is hit into the air into the outfield.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Can't see us winning, Not enough runs obviously. Warner time and time again leaving us in the lurch. Broad must be thinking how dumb we are to.keep playing him.

Smith just not good enough.

We had to expect the stinkies to come back and play well but this is disappointing. We could have ended the series and broke their back.

The boys have been a bit ordinary in this test - Marnus and Smithy really put us behing the 8-ball with inexplicably awful shots. Our bowling to the tail was just ill considered, letting them back into it. Having said that, the Poms have had way the best of the conditions for the three tests so far, so hopefully the luck turns at some stage. Still think we win the ashes, no way a team with that useless fatty behind the stumps should prevail.

Reactions: 1 user
Think we'll win.

And BTW, how bad is the camera work when the ball is hit into the air into the outfield.
Its bad. During Mitch Marsh's innings it was comical, I was cracking up, he was hitting it so hard nobody seemed to know where it went, cameras, commentators, the wonders of modern technology hey?

• Sad