Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Warner is Broad's bunny forever. Must look at dropping him for giving Harris his chance. But will they!?

Reactions: 1 user
We’re playing one down with Davey whenever there’s lateral movement in England.
Serviceable in the first two tests on flat decks, but get one with a bit in it and he’s hopeless.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes but he has incredible power and timing. Even his mis-hits go for six. Very hard to stop once he flicks the switch.
He’s an incredible and intimidating batsman Leon, no doubt, but we have arguably the best bowling attack in world cricket, yet we seem to be completely in his thrall. I just don’t think we’re getting it right when we bowl to him.

We’re playing one down with Davey whenever there’s lateral movement in England.
Serviceable in the first two tests on flat decks, but get one with a bit in it and he’s hopeless.
Yes, let's the team down and most likely damaging to Marnus' form - frequently put under pressure too early.

What on earth was Warner grinning about again? Is he taking the p!!s? You just got made to look foolish again, Davey.

He’s an incredible and intimidating batsman Leon, no doubt, but we have arguably the best bowling attack in world cricket, yet we seem to be completely in his thrall. I just don’t think we’re getting it right when we bowl to him.
Imagine if he was 100% fit though? He's playing half crippled.

Stokes is an amazing player.

When big moments come, he just goes into this determined single minded head space not many sportsmen can get to.

He just shuts out all noise, gets in his zone and performs.

One that when history looks back on him, stats won't do justice to his impact/greatness.

Reactions: 5 users
Imagine if he was 100% fit though? He's playing half crippled.
yeah what about that though
”Ooh my sore knee!”
”Ooh my busted arse!”
But when he needs to hare through for a single, or bowl 9 overs straight, no problem.
I’m getting a Patrick Dangerfield vibe!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Stokes is an amazing player.

When big moments come, he just goes into this determined single minded head space not many sportsmen can get to.

He just shuts out all noise, gets in his zone and performs.

One that when history looks back on him, stats won't do justice to his impact/greatness.
Yeah… I feel bad now for comparing him to Danger.
Mia culpa.

yeah what about that though
”Ooh my sore knee!”
”Ooh my busted arse!”
But when he needs to hare through for a single, or bowl 9 overs straight, no problem.
I’m getting a Patrick Dangerfield vibe!
You make an interesting comparison there. Will pay that. :LOL:

Marnus again looks suspect to me - that near chance to gully. He's hanging in there but has stopped scoring again ... which is what gets him into further trouble IMO.
Uzzie manages to find some runs steadily, but Marnus gets bogged down. Defending, defending until he loses patience and throws the bat at the wrong ball.

The Aussies don't need to win this test, make it to stumps one down, then bat all day tomorrow, and then bat again on day 5.

Grind them into the dirt, a draw and we retain the Ashes.

Edit

Oops, only day 2.

Last edited:
Labuschagne, out, a terrible shot. He got a life when Bairstow dropped him the over before. You would've thought he would put his head down. 2-68.