Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

And now Smith a stupid shot.
The Aussie have gone from Labuschagne and Khawaja looking comfortable at 1-68, to 3-72. Terrible cricket.

David Warner would have to be the most consistent and predictable opening batsman we’ve sent to the UK since his great great grandfather was put on the ship for stealing a potato, the only thing more consistent is me digging the boots in each time he fails :))

Reactions: 1 user
England’s match to lose now. They love chasing and won’t have much to chase.

We can laud Stokes as a game-changing batsman, sure.

But our tactics to him have been lamentable.

Top line bats have been nicking all test. The carry through has not diminished.

Why, then, are we conceding the field with him and focusing purely on getting his partner on strike?

To see us gift Stokes gilt-edged opportunities for sixes or easy singles just to get a tail ender on strike for two balls is pathetic cricket and falls right into their hands.

Apparently Stokes has transcended line and length cricket, becoming an almighty deity whose holy aura must push all fielders to the boundary and compel bowlers to feed pies to his Holiness.

The Ashes are not yet secured and this unfortunate business could be our downfall.

It’s embarrassing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Oh and drop Warner.

So what if he’s nominated Sydney as his last test, no one gets to pick and choose their swansong.

He cannot be trusted.

Yeah Warner's gotta go. This match will get a result, can't see us or them batting through to the end. We are 150 up, get to 250 and i can't see England winning it from here.

We really need these last 6 wickets to put on decent runs, the usual trend is one of the batters goes out fairly early after an overnight partnership so none of this 5 out all out crap.

I’ve only seen the old highlight in the series , however seems like it’s a ripper series , just what test cricket needed I’d say .

I know I look at Warner with very dark shaded glasses , however it absolutely baffles me that a player who is a proven failure ( average 25 that’s woeful unless you bat from 8 down ) in the UK , has got older and slower and is even now nothing better then average on his own turf where he has been a star , even boarded the boat to the UK , dead set laughable against Broad and that Broad is not even the best Broad in sport . Now his failed in 5 of 6 innings in this series and as opener all that does is get the Pins tail up early . With such a tight series innings we are effectively playing a man down . *smile* this selfish little prick off and find an Aussie who’s over there playing park cricket , all he needs to be able to do is hold a piece of English Willow and slag of about the oppositions mum

Reactions: 6 users
And now Smith a stupid shot.
The Aussie have gone from Labuschagne and Khawaja looking comfortable at 1-68, to 3-72. Terrible cricket.

Whilst I agree, it looks to be a lethal pitch. Nothing snakey, just so punishing on playing the wrong line.

Reactions: 2 users
Warner is Broad's bunny.

At some stage you just have to say it's not the bowling, it's just that Stokes is too good.
Unfortunately Warner is done.

Places too much pressure on the rest coming in when he goes out for 1.

Can’t let him dictate when his final game is.

But I’m not a selector just a cricket & sports lover.

Warners averaging 23 this series, which to be fair is an improvement on his 2019 Ashes average of 9.

Here’s his test scores since Jan 1 2022:

E5414240-6FF3-4711-93BF-271227F3369E.jpeg

Thats 792 runs @ 25 (Which is boosted by the 200 v SA which without that brings his average to 19.7). But I have little doubt he,ll be picked for the next test. “We feel a big score isnt far away for Davey, he’s just had a bit of bad luck, he’s been hitting them wonderfully in the nets”.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Warners averaging 23 this series, which to be fair is an improvement on his 2019 Ashes average of 9.

View attachment 19881

Thats 792 runs @ 25 (Which is boosted by the 200 v SA which without that brings his average to 19.7). But I have little doubt he,ll be picked for the next test. “We feel a big score isnt far away for Davey, he’s just had a bit of bad luck, he’s been hitting them wonderfully in the nets”.
Brightsider.

And what was the one day I was at the Cricket :))

• Haha
Whilst I agree, it looks to be a lethal pitch. Nothing snakey, just so punishing on playing the wrong line.
The wicket is certainly providing a test, just like it should. I reckon it's a good test wicket.

Khawaja and Labuschagne faced a lot of balls and looked fairly comfortable, they'd seen off Wood. Labuschagne's dismissal annoyed me, after Bairstow gave him a life, instead of putting his head down he got out the next over playing a poor shot. I thought he was in for a good score, he was playing the quicks late and with soft hands. He really needed to go on with it.

Reactions: 5 users
The wicket is certainly providing a test, just like it should. I reckon it's a good test wicket.

Khawaja and Labuschagne faced a lot of balls and looked fairly comfortable, they'd seen off Wood. Labuschagne's dismissal annoyed me, after Bairstow gave him a life, instead of putting his head down he got out the next over playing a poor shot. I thought he was in for a good score, he was playing the quicks late and with soft hands. He really needed to go on with it.

Yeah good points. I genuinely feel the Poms are in the box seat now as they set up to chase.

Yeah good points. I genuinely feel the Poms are in the box seat now as they set up to chase.
Yep.

Will be interesting to see how Wood pulls up, he really looked cooked at the end of his first spell.

It's been an intriguing series, with quite a few twists and turns. If Wood doesn't pull up too well, he has played very little cricket, and if Robinson can't bowl, there might be a few more twists and turns.

View attachment 19881

A lot of starts, 20-40, then getting out, when he should be kicking on.
Never been a big fan, but there's bugger all around to replace him.

Labuschagne, out, a terrible shot. He got a life when Bairstow dropped him the over before. You would've thought he would put his head down. 2-68.
I've come to think he's a bit wacky! Just an odd bod. Makes a start after batting scratchily to get in. Then just throws it away. Just find his antics in the field with the chattering, the weird light-sabre flashes of the bat just to leave a ball, tiresome.
Letting the team down continually. Seems quite immature.