Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Glad we shoved it up their hypocritical whining arses. But we made it much much harder than it should have been.

As the commentators said, Cummins finally changed tact, thankfully before it was too late.

Reactions: 1 user
Pitch one ball up and the game ends. Crazy stuff unless we were playing the real long game.

Never previously doubted Cummins as a skipper, but today was terrible.

Good captaincy from Cummo. Got the job done. Held his nerve. Knew Stokes couldn't just keep teeing off and getting away with it. Pretty funny, everyone in the commentary box carrying on like pork chops about no new ball, few balls later the stumps knocked over.

Well done done Cummo, 2 nil up. Ashes probably parcelled up

Reactions: 1 users
Terrible way to win.

So conservative
I loved it

Those poms chanting are pathetic.

Apparently Pope stumped someone in similar circumstances to the Carey Bairstow one last year, but logic doesn't come into it I suppose, its an emotional game.

Reactions: 1 users
I reckon a lot of the criticism of Cummo captaincy and some of the bowling by the commentators was OTT. Its like they expect every ball and every over to be executed perfectly. They players are human, its the 5th day of an Ashes test with the game on the line. Stokes played a brilliant innings for the ages to get them back in the game, but that's what it took to get them an honourable loss. Cummins held his nerve and never panicked. The commentators were panicking. And besides, its easy up in the box.

I loved it

Those poms chanting are pathetic.

Apparently Pope stumped someone in similar circumstances to the Carey Bairstow one last year, but logic doesn't come into it I suppose, its an emotional game.
Interesting. Stokes just said if the shoe was on the other foot, they would have played “within the spirit of the game”.

Haha, Steve smith getting man of the match gives ‘em something more to boo about.

Pogue mahone ya whinging poms

New Zealand allrounder Colin de Grandhomme had an untimely blip in his concentration as he got run-out standing outside the crease while looking at the on-field umpire following an LBW shout against England in the first Test at Lord's.

The strange run-out took place at the start of the critical Day 3 at the 'Home of Cricket'. Having just walked up to the crease, De Grandhomme had a major LBW shout from England pacer Stuart Broad turned down against him.
The ball hit the right-hander on the upper part of his front pad and went to the slip cordon, where an alert young Ollie Pope took his opportunity and caught the batter well outside his batting crease

I do hope that Ben Stokes reflects about the manner of this dismissal and the spirit of the game.
*sore loser

Reactions: 10 users
Interesting. Stokes just said if the shoe was on the other foot, they would have played “within the spirit of the game”.

Haha, Steve smith getting man of the match gives ‘em something more to boo about.

Pogue mahone ya whinging poms
Dell's post shows the shoe has been on the other foot. One of the English commentators mentioned the pope one as soon as it happened.

Apparently baz said he won't be having a drink with the Aussies. Pathetic baz.

Reactions: 3 users
I am not sure about whether the Bairstow dismissal was within the spirit of cricket or not.
I do know however that when I was about 10 years old I was told to keep my bat grounded when the ball was in the keepers gloves.