Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Have the Aussie bowlers heard of bowling outside off stump?

Reactions: 1 user
Dried out brown pitch on the first day of the first test in Pommie land. Old fart calls Buuuullllllshitttt. Reckon that's the first time in the history of Pommie cricket.

Back in the game with England’s trigger happy middle order exposed.

Cracking series already.

Jag-arse wicket to get Brook, makes up for the non-appealed-edge and the dropped catch, we'll take it! Aussies playing solid here, chipping away and persevering on a pancake of a pitch.

Couple of strange moments, the non-appealed thick edge that everyone missed, players, commentators, me. Then the caught behind not given out when it was obvious it was out, Aussies, commentators, were perplexed, reviewed, out you idiot.

Stokes gone! On top!

Last edited:
Stokes gone. Massive.
To watch, it looks like the English batsmen are right on top and full of confidence, but the scoreboard says otherwise.
They‘ve got a few runs, in quick time, but 5 wickets inside 40 overs, on what looks like a road is good for the Aussies.

Yeah I reckon all the hive-mind commentators bagging our defensive fields were barking up the wrong tree. Been a good approach IMO.

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure yet TS. We might have had a bit of luck, we might have figured it all out. Dunno, but it shapes as a fascinating series.

Hazelwood has been the pick of the bowlers, a good inclusion, I hope his body holds up.

Looking forward to see how Green bowls on this deck, stick it up em Greeny

Not sure yet TS. We might have had a bit of luck, we might have figured it all out. Dunno, but it shapes as a fascinating series.
Long way to go of course, but so far we've kept it tight and chipped away, which isn't easy on a flat track in hostile territory. I'm happy.

Hazelwood has been the pick of the bowlers, a good inclusion, I hope his body holds up.

Looking forward to see how Green bowls on this deck, stick it up em Greeny
Me too. I think he could be a real linchpin on the English decks.
At this stage though they seem reluctant to over bowl him.

The two commentator lineup is a bit more intense than the threesomes we’ve become used to.
Feels like Mel and Eowin are in some form of therapy.

• Haha
A few balls have kept low already, what's the wicket going to be like of days 4 and 5, if it goes that long.