Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

5/311 is massive after being 3/67. Great to see Khawaja stick it up the so called Pommy cricket fans.

Reactions: 1 user
As a pom that was a disappointing end. Its a very England thing to do to bowl players off no balls and again it raised its ugly head. Add that to 2 chances Bairstow should have taken and the door isn't just ajar now for Australia to take a lead, but its wide open.

Very happy for Khawaja though. He's been all class since coming back into the team and has performed really well already in this 1st ashes test. Looks like he's on and will be hard to dislodge which makes that no ball even more impactful.

Reactions: 2 users
Warner and Labuschagne played horrible shots.
Expect it from Warner, but Marnus is usually so good at leaving the ball early.

Head's get out shot was pretty ordinary too. For a bloke on 50 to toe that Ali straight ball suggests a lack of concentration.

Ha ha...Rolf Harris...England absolutely made him what he was! Are they still addicted to Neighbours?

Balance still very much in eng's favour. We need to bat really well this morning as they will be renewed and fired up.

Reactions: 1 users
What usually happens after a good stand the afternoon before that the next morning a wicket falls pretty early……

Nasser Hussein talking about the physical toll on England already - Bairstow hasn't kept much for ages and it shows late in the day, Ali's soft retirement fingers getting roughed up by the Dukes ball, etc. If we're to win the series it will be a typical triumph of Aussie grit grinding down foreign flair. It was always thus. Bazball is showpony stuff to the Aussie cricketer. We're Blundstones, not Jordans.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Khawaja will need to carry his bat to get the team close to the English total. Important to keep the English in the field as long as possible to try & expose any lack of fitness...I'd bat the next 2 days, if we could.

Shows how impressed baz and stokes are with the emerging eng spinning stocks

Weird thing is we actually do have some good young spinners coming through. Rehan Ahmed is only 18 (maybe why he wasn't picked) but he debuted in our tour of Pakistan and looked very good. Theres a few others that we have tried out, Livingstone, Jacks. Root is also un underbowled and under rated bowler IMO.

We also have quicks which we aren't really seeing much of. Of course Archer was the great hope, but I like Mahmood (similar to Wood is a lot faster than the 3 we have picked).

We do seem to have an aversion to playing younger players for whatever reason. I don't think they expected the surface to be as bland as it has been (contrary to what I have seen posted on here), because we have 3 very similar pace bowlers. As we know on flat decks, you need variation and extra speed helps as movement off the surface or through the air isn't really happening, yet we didn't pick Wood, we picked Broad which makes me think they expected both seam and swing, which we have seen very little of in this test so far.