Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Would like to get Nesser in for the first Ashes test too, out Starc, in Nesser even if Hazelwood is fit.

Cummins and Boland opening the bowling with Nesser and Green 1st and 2nd change will get the job done, along with Lyon.
The guy I think would be perfect in England is Jhye Richardson but he can’t seem to get fit

Swings the ball at pace

Reactions: 1 users
I just noticed that the Match Referee is none other than Sir Richie Richardson!

One of my all time fav players. Very understated but his batting was so flamboyant. The best player of pace bowling I have ever seen.

Certainly did not seem to have the ego of some of the other great West Indians of the time.
How good was Richie Rich!
Easy player to like

Great spell from Boland. Just felt like a matter of time. Well done son. Reckon the DRS appeal threw Kholi a bit too.
Can you just say what happened with the DRS for Kohli. Missed it because flicking between the footy and cricket ... when both were contests :LOL:

I'll nominate Langer for most annoying commentator in history. So bad. Fake excitement, labours the point, goes on tangents, repeats himself endlessly, horrible to listen to. I can see why Cummo sacked him. Too intense? Too annoying.
Hayden is bad too, very similar and too intense.
JL post match interview with Warner was horrible

Reactions: 1 user
It's not an act with JL, that's just how he is.

He's a very intense character and speaks with passion all the time. Personally I think that is what sets him apart from most people, a completely whole hearted approach to everything he does.

Then again I'm used to him and really like him so probably biased.

Hayden has been terrible. WTF is Team Australia and Team India…?

I reckon they were all instructed to ramp it up. Punter is normally great to listen to, but even he was way over the top.

Reactions: 2 users
A shout out to Alex Carey.

He was shaky in the recent test series in India, mind you the wickets were a disgrace, but he was great with the bat and gloves in this test. He scored 48 and 66 not out, including a very handy 100 run partnership with Starc, and also gloved half a dozen catches.

Well done Alex, I dips me lid.

I'm still a big fan of Josh Inglis............................

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Why is it ok for the Indian captain and one of the players to complain about an umpiring decision on social media?

Reactions: 4 users
Can you just say what happened with the DRS for Kohli. Missed it because flicking between the footy and cricket ... when both were contests :LOL:
I was at the game - every day. On the Saturday my seat (purchased as a normal member of the public over the internet and not as a Surrey member) was in an area that had an indoor bar area behind it that felt like something that would only have been in the members in Australia (see photo). I sat down and watched the last quarter in there. I've watched the Tigers and a Test concurrently before but never while I was actually at a Test.

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
A shout out to Alex Carey.

He was shaky in the recent test series in India, mind you the wickets were a disgrace, but he was great with the bat and gloves in this test. He scored 48 and 66 not out, including a very handy 100 run partnership with Starc, and also gloved half a dozen catches.

Well done Alex, I dips me lid.

I'm still a big fan of Josh Inglis............................
I'm likewise a huge fan. His keeping has improved by each test to be excellent now - one of the world's best. The only thing is the stupidity of our slips' placement. I think it's all wrong. First S is too close to Carey, a mere 2m. Crazy when you think a keeper can cover 1/2m just following the swervong ball, before even diving, whereby could travel another 1-2. Hence, getting in each other's way too often and easily. So now Carey is not sure what is his, or what to leave for Warner, and vice-versa. It's just ridiculous and has costs wickets. Set Warner wider and encourage the keeper to go for whatever he thinks is in his realistic range. That's why he has the gloves.

But love his batting - great stylist (the good lefties always shine) and has most of the shots. Just needs to forget about that reverse sweep until he's mad a ton first. It's actually prevented him doing so a couple of times IMO. It can get him runs but too risky overall, although he was led to play it a lot in India due to the difficulties on scoring on goat-track pitches. [Suffer in your jocks, Indians, look how good you are on a regular Test wicket = 2 x WTC losses!!!]

Reactions: 2 users
  • Haha
Paid to play the match.

I’m sure there are no salary cap concerns in cricket though so they can just pay Him double match fees next game.

Reactions: 1 user