Clarkson threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clarkson threads [Merged]

Re: Clarkson gets 2 years

i heard clarkos press conference on sen, god he makes me sick, the way he talks up about his firm belief on the direction of teh club. bla bla bla. Deleted
ihe irritates me so much , and the next time i hear a hawk player or coach talk up the kakoda experience i will shoot them!

Hayfever said:
Clarkson gets 2 years

Is this with an early guilty plea, or will they fight the charge?

With hard labour.

What that about contracts being worth the paper they're printed on?
Amazing decision given their current circumstances.

Good luck, he'll need it.

Alistair Clarkson given two years
Hawk Coach Al Clarkson was today given Two more years to extend his successful tenure of the once proud club.

AFL CEO Andy Demtriou has supported the decision saying " Its good to see that the National Competition will remain strong with the Appointment of such a high Quality coach. " Jeff Kennet has continued the positive sentiment by adding during the announcement " Al was the only option.....Lethal said it was too cold down here, and besides we couldn't match the Lions full dental plan.."

The Man himself  Al Clarkson responded to the appointment by saying " Now that I know Lethal is out of the picture I can really concentrate on continuing to develop the careers of fine young footballers such as Richie Vandenberg and Tim Clarke. Its just too bad that we've had to drop Zac Dawson as we haven't finished with him yet."

Richmond coach Terry Wallace has applauded the decision by commenting " The hawks have really looked to the future of the competition. It really is important to allow teams to have a rest during the home and away season and the action by the Hawks today has ensured that we will be cherry ripe going into the second half of the season."

reuters ( with Agencies )

Tiger17 said:
>
>AFL CEO Andy Demtriou has supported the decision saying " Its good to see that the National Competition will remain strong with the Appointment of such a high Quality coach.
>
reuters ( with Agencies )
Excuse me Vlad while I  :vomit2

Looking at the Hawk's list, and especially the fact that none of their latest draft choices have yet played, and I'm pretty sure a few of them will turn out very good, means that in a few years they should have a very good list.
However, the last 6 weeks they have been very ordinary, not well coached, and with a few injuries they've been pathetic, unlike Richmond.
I'm glad I go for the Tigers. Just as much upside, I think, but still playing very positively now.

Clarkson was my cousin's PE teacher. Being a hawk supporter, he almost spewed the day he heard Clarkson was appointed coach of the Hawks. He says he is one of the most feeble-minded, uninspiring people he has ever come across. Since the beginning of his tenure he has not been to a single game and says the way Hawthorn are playing at the moment is a direct reflection of Clarkson's abilities.

With Clarkson's resigning i will be interested to see how they go. I wish it wasnt against the tigers though.

This will be a tough game amke no mistake about it.

A danger game.

Congratulations to him and with the extra 2 years i think the youngsters at his disposal will show their worth in the next few years. Hope it doesnt start this Sunday.

How many teams lose by 100 points and re-appoint the coach?

The Hawks are "doing a St. Kilda" and developing a talented list through quality draft picks. They have had so many high first round picks they cannot help but develop a good list.

I think Clarkson will get them playing consistent finals football but they will not win a flag under his stewardship as he is poor on match day.

That said, it's a danger game for us!

Clarkson signed up for another 2 years....Tigers odds to win match shortens as a result. This is great news, how dejected will the Hawks players be leading up to this match?

Cheers

Reckon that flurry of wins they had at the start of the season has convinced the Hawks' board that they need a few more years of Clarkson to complete the bottoming out process they so desperately need.

BBC said:
That said, it's a danger game for us!
Perhaps but I doubt it.
Terry will be drilling into the guy's head that they can have a week off after this game.
If we maintain our intensity then we should have little trouble countering the Dawks.
They are a rabble ATM and Croad and Spider have major injury concerns.

It would really surprise me to lose this game but stranger things have happened.

I would be a little reserved about making any rash statements on here this week as he just happens to be the coach of the side we have to play this weekend.

Don't want egg on our faces. I hate these games.

gustiger12 said:
I would be a little reserved about making any rash statements on here this week as he just happens to be the coach of the side we have to play this weekend.

Don't want egg on our faces.  I hate these games.

Its about time this organisation started winning games like this Gus - yes it is a danger game i suppose in a way but if the RFC are headed forwards we should definetly win this one mate.

They reappointed Clarkson for another 2 years :partyfest
They may be hopeful Lethal will return in 2 years its a bit like how we always hoped Sheeds would come back.

Clarkson and TW both have the same idea about building a side, the big difference is that Terry knows what he's doing and Agro Al doesn't.

Tubytiger said:
gustiger12 said:

Don't want egg on our faces. I hate these games.

Its about time this organisation started winning games like this Gus - yes it is a danger game i suppose in a way but if the RFC are headed forwards we should definetly win this one mate.

I agree Tubster and I honestly believe Wallace had created a new mindset, but still hate these type of games. Hopefully my fears will be laid to rest well and truly come Sunday.

I wouldn't worry Gus. No need to be nervous.

Hawthorn = rabble.

Tigers by plenty.