Clarkson threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clarkson threads [Merged]

Re: Clarkson gets Hawks job

rosy23 said:
Why can't people just count our own blessings without needing to put others down.

Ok ok ok Rosy.....you have tugged at my conscience....apologies to Jacqui....good luck to Alastair!

I guess it's just not easy to dismiss the fact that Hawthorn supporters (and supporters from the majority of other clubs) have been laughing at the RFC for the last 20 yrs!  Still, you are right Rosy.....better to focus on the bright new future that is dawning at the RFC than worry about what is going on at other clubs!

Richmond United said:
Ok ok ok Rosy.....you have tugged at my conscience....

Haha. Maybe my sons bedroom decked out with everything from lifesize Dunstalls to brown and yellow flags and posters and bits of turf grabbed from Waverley when dungbeetle kicked 100 goals one season and pictures of premiership teams and even worse...pics of Dermie....stop it rosy you'll make yourself sick.
I think I need excorsising. Might go and press my teddy's hand so he sings the Richmond theme song to me. ;D

I wouldn't be too quick to judge Clarkson.

He could be a Malthouse, Pagan or Shedy who were all first year coaches at one point.

Of course, he could be a Frawley, Rhode or Schwab. Time will tell.

The big interest for me is to see if he can keep Brereton away from the players!

JAcqui: CLarkson is ok. Did very well with Cenrtral Districts. WHo cares if he is not a big name, he has some runs on the board in coaching his own team, but hten again I guess so did Peeter Rohde.

IMHO if you are not willing to give a new coach at least a 3 year contract you shouldn't be appointing them.

I feel for the Hawthorn supporters having to put up with such inept management.

This poor guy needs more than luck, he needs a miracle.

His appointment will not help unite the rival factions within the Hawthorn club and unless he gets instant on-field results at the start of 2005 the knives will be out.

Clarkson! The new Frawley!

Glad to see someone is taking over the mantle of coaching knobhead from Danny.
What an absolute joke!
I bet his brother isnt happy! Does he even have a brother.
It will be good to have anothers team coach be the biggest idiot in the AFL.

Re: Clarkson! The new Frawley!

:) When I read the article on the back page of The Hun passing through the newsagency, my first thought was that the outburst was not disimilar and a little Frawleyesque. I could hear Danny uttering thjose very words. Not a good starting point perhaps?

Hawks go easy on Crawford
1:43:32 PM Fri 11 February, 2005
Matt Burgan
Sportal

Clarkson said the club has been monitoring Crawford's pre-season program after he suffered a back injury and broken arm in 2004.

"Usually Crawf is really up and firing even before Christmas and he really prides himself on that area of the game," Clarkson said.

"It's always hard to change a guy's training philosophy in that regard to make sure that we've got him absolutely cherry ripe for rounds one through to 22.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=184884

Oh my goodness, perhaps he is........... :rofl

Richmond United said:
"It's always hard to change a guy's training philosophy in that regard to make sure that we've got him absolutely cherry ripe for rounds one through to 22.

Backing his players to the hilt is one thing, but uttering those immortal words is another. Who does he think he is?

Frawley should be collecting royalties :blah

Hawthorn ?

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

pmac21 said:
Glad to see someone is taking over the mantle of coaching knobhead from Danny.
What an absolute joke!
I bet his brother isnt happy! Does he even have a brother.
It will be good to have anothers team coach be the biggest idiot in the AFL.

he does have a brother, john, a real estate agent in brighton and my former PE teacher at school. and quite the womaniser

pharace said:
:) When I read the article on the back page of The Hun passing through the newsagency, my first thought was that the outburst was not disimilar and a little Frawleyesque. I could hear Danny uttering thjose very words. Not a good starting point perhaps?

Yes evo pointed that out in another thread - mmm Frawleyesuq, like that. I was prepared to wait until the seaon proper before judging him and the hawks but judgement is coming earlier. IMO, it aint promising.

Hey boys and girls, we all despise Hawthorn....and Collingwood....and Carlton...and Essendon....and the list goes on, but not wise to prejudge Clarkson as yet. He may turn out to be a very good coach, which I hope does not happen, but a bit early to hang it on just yet.

Did Spud actually know his chocolate bars? He said we were always cherry ripe, but 10 minutes into every match, it appeared we resembled a Flake bar more so than a Cherry Ripe.
Looks like the Hawks have ended up with Clarkson the same way we got Frawley, no one else wanted the job. :'(

boy some of you guys are 2 faced. on the one hand you refuse to put the boot into players who have failed miserably over a long period of time for no other reason than they play for us. yet you very quickly denigrate someone who is yet to be given the opportunity to show how well he can do for no other reason than he coaches an opposition side.