Clarkson threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clarkson threads [Merged]

Re: Clarkson! The new Frawley!

the claw said:
boy some of you guys are 2 faced. on the one hand you refuse to put the boot into players who have failed miserably over a long period of time for no other reason than they play for us. yet you very quickly denigrate someone who is yet to be given the opportunity to show how well he can do for no other reason than he coaches an opposition side.

That is generally what happens when you support a side. You stick with and support your own and hope everyone else fails...Thats footy.

Disco Stu said:
Did Spud actually know his chocolate bars? He said we were always cherry ripe, but 10 minutes into every match, it appeared we resembled a Flake bar more so than a Cherry Ripe.
Looks like the Hawks have ended up with Clarkson the same way we got Frawley, no one else wanted the job. :'(

Under Frawely, Richmond's game plan resembled that chocolate bar with "space of nothing" in the middle.
Was that the Areo Bar?

Tigertod said:
the claw said:
boy some of you guys are 2 faced. on the one hand you refuse to put the boot into players who have failed miserably over a long period of time for no other reason than they play for us. yet you very quickly denigrate someone who is yet to be given the opportunity to show how well he can do for no other reason than he coaches an opposition side.

That is generally what happens when you support a side. You stick with and support your own and hope everyone else fails...Thats footy.
what a lot of crap if you cant acknowledge and recognise when an opposition does something well and most importantly learn from their success you will invariably stagnate. the same goes when you fail you learn from your mistakes. it goes without saying both the club and supporters have been and still are guilty of this.

Nobody can stoop so low as to be lablled the new Frawley. Not even the famed coach of the Dimboola Thirds is as weak as that moron who coached us. Frawley was the decimal point of coaches----amounted to nothing.

Clarkson is not that bad.....nobody could ever be that bad.

the claw said:
Tigertod said:
the claw said:

what a lot of crap if you cant acknowledge and recognise when an opposition does something well and most importantly learn from their success you will invariably stagnate. the same goes when you fail you learn from your mistakes. it goes without saying both the club and supporters have been and still are guilty of this.

Sorry, hit the button without typing anything. Thats what can happen after a bottle of Penfolds Koonunga Hill.
What I was going to say is what has Clarkson done that has got you so excited and why would you care???

Tigertod said:
the claw said:

Thought I'd run this for you again Claw baby! Most here are not putting the boot into Clarkson, but certainly drawing some comparison from is recent deed. You know, personal observation based on perception of events - bit like you do - EXCEPT most don't run down their own like you do. But hey, keep punching as I love to read your stuff - keeps everyone else's comments in perspective ;)

Clarkson gets 2 years

Announced this morning that clarksonhas been given 2 more years. While it was obvious he was going to get re-signed IMO the next contract will be more difficult to get. This is because he will need to get the hawks into the 8 next year and/or the year after. With the early draft picks too young and with spida and crawford retiring soon this will be difficult.

Also should be interesting to see how the re-signing affects the way the hawks play against us this weekend!

Re: Clarkson gets 2 years

Surprised at this decison.Would have thought they would have gone with an extra year as his gameplan is ordinary at best but still he deserves more time.Apart from that they have a great group of youngsters & within the next 3-4 years will be a very good side.

Well done to Clarkson.

Hats off to a manager who is prepared to risk his own reputation by making the tough decisions.

Barlow, Bowyer, the two Coxs, Elstone, Graham, Greene, Harford, Hay, Holland, Hunter, Johnson, Lekkas, Loats, Lonie, McCabe, Picioane, Rawlings, Tallis, Thompson & Veale have all come off the list during his tenure. That's 21 of a senior list of 38.

Now its up to Clarkson to develop his new boys sufficiently to make the exercise worthwhile. Some of them do look as if they need a very high protein diet.

Good luck Alistair.

You have to laugh at the Hawks.  THey appoint a 4 man super sub committee to come to the conclusion that what, Clarkson, with the Hawks playing worse that any time in his tenure gets another 2 years.

Generally Everyone rated the Hawks, and certainly their youngsters superior to the Tigers a the start of the year.  Sheahan and co say that 4 wins is on par with the Hawks expectations at the start of the year so they are heading in the right direction.  Well after 4 from their first 5 they have been downright terrible.  ON that logic the Pies can pack up shop for the year because they were only expected to win 8 games this year.

Kudos to Clarkson for some hard decisions but IMO, the Hawks are heading south or at best treading water.

Never in doubt.Why sack the best "tanking" coach in the comp

They are gunna have one hell of a team in 3-5yrs....the likes of Ellis, Muston,Birchall,Bailey,Tuck and Dowler etc havent even tasted senior footy yet....on top of the 2004 crop of Roughead, Franklin, Lewis, Murphy,Little it makes for a fair outfit once they get games under their belts.....I reckon they may have some big clashes with our Boys over the next decade!  :)

Good on ya Clarkson you deserve the chance....just dont blow it  ;D

Clarkson gets 2 years

Is this with an early guilty plea, or will they fight the charge?

alistar has no hope in developing these kids, who imo are mainly figjams!
imo the only reason they have extended his contract is because through their investigations  have discovered that nobody wants the job, similar to our situation when we stupidly signed frawley. but whatelse could we do, no one wanted the job and everyone turned down offers, even bomber thompson turned us down ffs.

any back to clarko, i heard he wantd 3 yrs, and they wanted to only give 1. they settled for 2 but i bet there is a performance based clause in his contract.

clarko imo , is living a pipedream and wishing and hoping. he is and has stated this in the papers this week, moulding his rebuilding phase to the model used by walls when he started at the bears. clarko was quoted as sayingit took brisbane 10 seasons to get up and reap the rewards rebuilding. im sorry but that dont cut the mustard, i dont believe anyone at the dawks really wants to wait 10 seasons in developing to find success.

clarko has shown one thing thus far, that his team really has not improved. they played better footy last yr, forget the way they started, thats no reflection on how they are now.

if you look at the tigers, the dogs etc, teams that have been decimated with injury from day one but still improving all the time. the tigers are a betetr team today than this time last yr, even the end of last yr , but the hawks, well, have stagnated!

now phantom, u have suggested a ...well done to the hawks 4 getting rid of guys like thompson, well they didnt, he wanted to leave, and the dawks would kill to have him back

clarko wont last the end of second contract, he will be sacked next yr at some stage imo

hawks are just spewing that matthews is doing a sheedy and wont leave his new home to go back to his original home.

so many parallels to the hawks team on and of field situation, to the rabble we had as a club yrs ago. but we stayed strong and maid the right calls eventually

Hayfever said:
Clarkson gets 2 years

I suppose you could argue that taking charge of the hawks is a sentence! But I agree with tha8ball that they will be pretty good in 3-5 years. HOWEVER, one thing that does *smile* me off about clarkson is the fact that he cant admit the the hawks have played *smile*. Each time you hear his press conference after they were thumped he'll say "they were just a more polished team than us" or "they played a better brand of footy...". 2 more years of that :help

robbo1234 said:
Hayfever said:
Clarkson gets 2 years

I suppose you could argue that taking charge of the hawks is a sentence! But I agree with tha8ball that they will be pretty good in 3-5 years. HOWEVER, one thing that does *smile* me off about clarkson is the fact that he cant admit the the hawks have played sh!t. Each time you hear his press conference after they were thumped he'll say "they were just a more polished team than us" or "they played a better brand of footy...".  2 more years of that  :help
I agree. Clarkson might make a good fitness coach, nothing more.

Hawthorn are the most deluded club in the competition at present.

tha8ball said:
They are gunna have one hell of a team in 3-5yrs....the likes of Ellis, Muston,Birchall,Bailey,Tuck and Dowler etc havent even tasted senior footy yet....on top of the 2004 crop of Roughead, Franklin, Lewis, Murphy,Little it makes for a fair outfit once they get games under their belts.....I reckon they may have some big clashes with our Boys over the next decade! :)

Good on ya Clarkson you deserve the chance....just dont blow it ;D
Who the bloody hell cares about Alastair Clarkson???

I still remember when Barry Young flattened him ;D

tha8ball said:
the likes of Ellis, Muston,Birchall,Bailey,Tuck and Dowler etc havent even tasted senior footy yet....on top of the 2004 crop of Roughead, Franklin, Lewis, Murphy,Little

As promising as this bunch look, they have yet to prove themselves. Lewis looks the only one who is a definite. Maybe Roughead. The others have not "made it" yet. Just as Patto, JO-N, Hughes, White, & Casserley haven't.