Clarkson threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clarkson threads [Merged]

The Hawks are looking very strong and are among the best placed to challenge the Cats this year.
The angry dwarf has done a very good job with that side. Like many I was skeptical but credit where it's due.

Never fear though we are following the 'Geelong model'.

Tigers of Old said:
The Hawks are looking very strong and are among the best placed to challenge the Cats this year.
The angry dwarf has done a very good job with that side. Like many I was skeptical but credit where it's due.

Never fear though we are following the 'Geelong model'.

I thought we were going back to the Brisbane model ?

Redford said:
I thought we were going back to the Brisbane model ?

No, no we remind some of North Melbourne. We are following that model this week.

We are following Donvale under 10's B-Team's model next month. They have a good spread of 135cm-150cm's players that tip in at a massive 45kg's.

Harry said:
Clarkson said that he traded/got rid of players like Rawlings, Hay, Thompson, Holland, etc because he didn't see them playing in Hawthorns next grand final.

Wallace said that players like Richo, Bowden, Gaspar, Tivendale, Brown, etc. deserved to play in a grand final.

Onya Terry. Join the long line of deluded ex Tiger coaches.

To be fair Harry the Hawk list bar Thompson had minimal utility - good on them for suckering North not once but twice. Clarkson still bemoned the fact that Dixon and Smith aren't around and recruited Dew for experience. They've picked up retreads in Guerra and Gilham but have got a bit out of them them. It seems that with some success you can rewrite history a bit.

Having said that picking up Kinglsey was just wierd. Anything was better than that! Could have even played Andy Kellaway as a come off bench forward in a "testamonial" final year and we would have been better off on the ground and off.

SCOOP said:
No, no we remind some of North Melbourne. We are following that model this week.

We are following Donvale under 10's B-Team's model next month. They have a good spread of 135cm-150cm's players that tip in at a massive 45kg's.

If we're not careful, we'll be following the Fitzroy model before too long. :-\

I love it how we have the "favour of the week" club being pumped up on here lately. This week it's the Hawks, last week it was Essendon and the week before it was Carlton. Sheesh.

Exactly 4 years ago Peter Schwab declared the Hawks would win the flag and straight away they nose-dived and crash-landed. They choked in the semi last year against North Melbourne. It's been the same story every year with them since 1991. When the pressure is really on they go missing.

Is it really that hard to admit they've gone about rebuilding their team well (far better than Richmond has) and move on Hayfever?

Disco08 said:
Is it really that hard to admit they've gone about rebuilding their team well (far better than Richmond has) and move on Hayfever?
It's my opinion and its based on fact. I thought that was what these forums were for. Why dont you move on?

So it's your opinion Richmond's attempts at rebuilding have been better than Hawthorn's? Or at least that Hawthorn haven't gone about rebuilding in a manner that's given them a strong chance of competing for a flag?

Hayfever said:
It's my opinion and its based on fact. I thought that was what these forums were for. Why dont you move on?
Opinions are like a...holes..everyone has one and Hayfever is entitled to his....even though he is way off the mark.
The Hawks are on their way to success s much as a i despise them.

Read my posts again. I've expressed my opinion on Hawthorn only. I'm not interested in your efforts in twisting it. I suggest you move on.

All I want is your opinion on how well Hawthorn have rebuilt since Clarkson took over.

Hayfever said:
Read my posts again. I've expressed my opinion on Hawthorn only. I'm not interested in your efforts in twisting it. I suggest you move on.

Yes you have expressed your thoughts on Hawthorn through out this thread and in every single one of your posts you have failed miserably

You're a winner. :)

Well you are not getting it, so do what you told me to do...... move on.

In the last six seasons they have finished 10, 9, 15,14, 11 and choked last year to finish 6th. That is fact and it's been a consistent trend with Hawthorn for 16 years. As I said I'm reserving my judgement on them until they actually do something at the business end of a season.

SaveFerris said:
Yes you have expressed your thoughts on Hawthorn through out this thread and in every single one of your posts you have failed miserably

You're a winner. :)
Coming from a Hawks supporter I'll take that as a compliment :D

Well, I think you'll find this thread's constant theme has been about the way Clarkson has gone about building their list. I didn't think it was that offensive a question but clearly it's hit a nerve with you so I'll leave you alone.

Disco08 said:
Well, I think you'll find this thread's constant theme has been about the way Clarkson has gone about building their list. I didn't think it was that offensive a question but clearly it's hit a nerve with you so I'll leave you alone.
Sorry I didn't realise the terms of reference for this thread were so narrow or to stray from them one is instantly told to "move on". Sad really.

Hayfever said:
Well you are not getting it, so do what you told me to do...... move on.

In the last six seasons they have finished 10, 9, 15,14, 11 and choked last year to finish 6th. That is fact and it's been a consistent trend with Hawthorn for 16 years. As I said I'm reserving my judgement on them until they actaually do something at the business end of a season.

Oh dear, you're basing your opinion on past failures, whilst neglecting the fact its a new list with new players, new coaches, new era etc. If thats the case Richmond are destined to never win a premiership again. I'm amazed how Geelong won a premiership considering there lengthy period of failure ::)