Clarkson threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clarkson threads [Merged]

Hayfever said:
Sorry I didn't realise the terms of reference for this thread were so narrow or to stray from them one is instantly told to "move on". Sad really.

They're not, and you weren't. I just didn't expect such a defensive response.

Hayfever said:
I love it how we have the "favour of the week" club being pumped up on here lately. This week it's the Hawks, last week it was Essendon and the week before it was Carlton. Sheesh.

Although this is a Richmond forum I think the majority here would be interested in most things Aussie Rules. I've explained why this thread was brought to the top and why I was interested in the Hawks. THey're not flavour of the week at all, they just came to mind because of Clarkson's interview on telly last night. If you don't approve of other clubs being discussed it's probably better to stick to the Richmond threads. The titles of the threads should give a decent hint at what's contained within

I think flavours of the week, ie most discussed topics, have been our win over Carlton, our loss to the Kangas and Kane's night on the grog, rather than the teams you mention.

Hayfever said:
Well you are not getting it, so do what you told me to do...... move on.

In the last six seasons they have finished 10, 9, 15,14, 11 and choked last year to finish 6th. That is fact and it's been a consistent trend with Hawthorn for 16 years. As I said I'm reserving my judgement on them until they actually do something at the business end of a season.
Ant chance we can choke and finish sixth in the not too distant future.??? >:D >:D >:D

Disco08 said:
They're not, and you weren't. I just didn't expect such a defensive response.
I was........ and what else did you expect from an aggressive response to my post.

Sure Hawthorn are rebuilding but what have they actually achieved yet?

Hi

Hawk supporter here

Yes, we are happy with Clarkson...some weren't at the time, but I'm happy to say I didn't mind the original choice...I had faith in Dunstall (and none in Dermie, who just wanted his old mates). Things have so far improved hugely, but as has been pointed out, we're all losers until we win a flag

Kudos to those who have debated things rationally, and been able to give credit. To the haters, well...

I'll try to make it a point to imagine all Richmond fans as the former, and not the latter. Good luck for the year.

SaveFerris said:
You would take it as a compliment, You have grown accustom to failure. :)
The funny thing is that when we do make the finals we actually do OK. In both 1995 and 2001 we won 16 games which is better than any year Hawthorn has had in the last 16 seasons.

That's my point.

It takes all types eldorado. ;D

If Richmond can't win the premiership I'll be hoping the Hawks or the Kangas do and not only because my sons barrack for them. Ive found both clubs to be very welcoming and friendly in any dealings I've had with them. ;D

:gotigers

Hayfever said:
The funny thing is that when we do make the finals we actually do OK. In both 1995 and 2001 we won 16 games which is better than any year Hawthorn has had in the last 16 seasons.

That's my point.

Your point makes me very sad.....1995 and 2001 are soooooooooooo long ago So few finals appearences, and so long ago, especially in a league that rewards mediocrity with half of the teams each year making the finals cut. :'(

rosy23 said:
Your point makes me very sad.....1995 and 2001 are soooooooooooo long ago So few finals appearences, and so long ago, especially in a league that rewards mediocrity with half of the teams each year making the finals cut. :'(
Have faith Rosy........ the Swans and Cat fans waited much much longer than we have so far :-\

Hayfever said:

That's my point.

You did better in the home and away but you basically got flogged out of the finals in straight sets, you got flogged by Essendon and then flogged by Brisbane, both 80 point losses, atleast Hawthorn did beat a top 3 side in Port Adelaide and just failed to get over the line against Essendon by 10 points :)

But thats besides the point,

I meant the 2 finals appearances in 25 years :)

Why did you do this to us Hay? Some things are better forgotten. :-[

SaveFerris said:
You did better in the home and away but you basically got flogged out of the finals in straight sets, you got flogged by Essendon and then flogged by Brisbane, both 80 point losses, atleast Hawthorn did beat a top 3 side in Port Adelaide and just failed to get over the line against Essendon by 10 points :)

But thats besides the point,

I meant the 2 finals appearances in 25 years :)
Nearly as bad as 7 finals appearances in the last 16 years by Hawthorn and choking every time. That's almost Collingwood-esque :hihi

Hayfever said:
Nearly as bad as 7 finals appearances in the last 16 years by Hawthorn and choking every time. That's almost Collingwood-esque :hihi

Hahaha

2 finals appearances in 25 years plus 3 wooden spoons is a hell of alot worse than 7 finals appearances in 16 years, Its even worse than the losing culture of the late Fitzroy in the 90's :spin

SaveFerris said:
Hahaha

2 finals appearances in 25 years plus 3 wooden spoons is a hell of alot worse than 7 finals appearances in 16 years, Its even worse than the losing culture of the late Fitzroy in the 90's :spin
Saving ourselves mate ;)

SaveFerris said:
Hahaha

Not really.

What is the point of making the 8 if you finish 6th or worse nearly every time. Just gives supporters false hope.......... a la Collingwood ::)

Hayfever said:
Not really.

What is the point of making the 8 if you finish 6th or worse nearly every time. Just gives supporters false hope.......... a la Collingwood ::)

So let me get this straight, you would prefer to watch your team lose than win matches or make the 8.

You're truly a pathetic supporter. Not only has failure embedded itself into the fabric of the Richmond FC, its supporters are now accepting of it.

Ewwww yuk. :thumbsdown

I don't agree with that one bit Hay. I'd take 6th over 9th or a wooden spoon every time. There's more to footy than premierships and the benefits of a winning culture and promise for the future are immeasurable as Vic clubs fight for memberships, sponsorships, advantageous draws and general support. The more $$$ a club can raise will give them more benefits for the future in being able to hold players, have decent coaching staff and conditions etc. Even if we never win a premiership I'd welcome finals appearances and think most here would too.