Clarkson threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clarkson threads [Merged]

Elmer said:
Give us a break Rosy, we can't hang it on any other side about playing footy. The coach is all we got! :)

We've got a better song than any of them. :D Pity we only hear it once a week. :(

evo said:
Eerily enough perhaps one of their most promising KPP still hasn't been unveiled, Thorpe.

Ah yes, one of my favorite PRE love affairs on here, Thorpe. We are still waiting for his unveiling... :p

We get necked with JON a lot but this fella has turned into a embrassement for them also, yet you never hear anything of it, they've just been able to wear it better with more hits than us.

:D

An amusing thread, though as I did my fair share of Clarkson bashing over the journey I can't knock anyone. Though after about 7 pages, I've decided i'm going to get caught laughing by my boss if I don't stop lol

Suprisingly, to his credit, Claw was one of the few with a measured opinion lol

Dyer Disciple said:
Ah yes, one of my favorite PRE love affairs on here, Thorpe. We are still waiting for his unveiling... :p

We get necked with JON a lot but this fella has turned into a embrassement for them also, yet you never hear anything of it, they've just been able to wear it better with more hits than us.

I guess you get cut a bit of slack with recruiting decisions when you make finals and win premierships. Thorp's had a hell of a lot of injuries as well.

Ridley said:
Thorp's had a hell of a lot of injuries as well.

Didn't he have injury problems when he was drafted?

Certainly be interesting to see how Hawthorn rebound from this apparent hangover next season. They haven't exactly followed up well.

Yep. Had hip surgery and was a bottom ager. The kid's still only 20 and had a pretty shocking run with injury. Hips and feet are hard injuries to overcome.

Ouch....fair bit of egg on this thread ;D

In saying that, I actually still don't rate Clarkson that highly...is that just me??

BrisTiger24 said:
Ouch....fair bit of egg on this thread ;D

In saying that, I actually still don't rate Clarkson that highly...is that just me??

It's all relative isn't it. His CV will always have 'premiership coach' on it.
How many can say that?

Most would have figured on paper at the time that Wallet seemed a better option than Clarkson did but Clarko will now always be considered well ahead.

You just never know (well you do now, wipes egg off face ;D).

However I do think the Hawks pinched one last year. No doubt in my mind the Cats were the best side in 2008.
Heck even we beat the Hawks but we couldn't get within a bull roar of Geelong.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/clubs/hawthorn/hawthorn-team-first/2009/08/19/1250362118817.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap2

This is a fantastic article. We are as a club, where Hawthorn was at the start of the Clarkson era.

Clarkson is a switched on unit.

SCOOP said:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/clubs/hawthorn/hawthorn-team-first/2009/08/19/1250362118817.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap2

This is a fantastic article. We are as a club, where Hawthorn was at the start of the Clarkson era.

Clarkson is a switched on unit.
One difference, we had Greg Miller calling shots on draft picks, they didn't.

Re: Clarkson gets Hawks job

TigerForce said:
Alistair who ??????

What a joke !!!! No wonder they want the spoon next year.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Shut up you dumb prick. What would you know.

rosy23 said:
Hehe TF you certainly weren't alone.

Ahhhh.... to be 37 again..... :hihi

My judgment was based on Clarko having some anger management problems with a 'dirty' footballer type of profile when he played, compared to the 'messiah' some/most of us fell gullible too, who was a successful coach at the Dogs and a top midfielder at the Hawks. What a flip over this turned out to be.