Chris Knights | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Knights

Tigers of Old said:
Nothing's 'free'. 3 years on the list at say 350-400k for 11 games. Unfortunately it's been a poor return no matter how you slice it. :-\

We do get to spend that extra now though - a small positive out of a unfortunate situation.

Tigers of Old said:
Nothing's 'free'. 3 years on the list at say 350-400k for 11 games. Unfortunately it's been a poor return no matter how you slice it. :-\

Not true, Oldie. For anyone who runs an AFL team based in Sydney, everything is free.

Nine year contract for Buddy Franklin? No problem, write the business, sign him up and the AFL will wire the money up before lunchtime.

Tigers of Old said:

But a risk worth taking. Club needs to keep trying to get players that cost nothing more than cap space that at their best fit into our best 22. No problem with the club taking Knights.

Such a shame he couldn't quite get it together. I still think he was worth the risk as his best was terriffic. all the best to Chris post footy.

Chimptastic said:
The first ever free agent in AFL history. Classy player when fit, easily best 22.

That's true.
Unfortunately I don't think we truly saw him at is best.
Never in best 22 off our list in my opinion.
Always seemed to have that cloud over him.

But I always wanted him to make it .
The dream was a splendid one

Such a shame.

The only other player is Mark Coughlan.

you know...that empty feeling :'( :'( :'(

Very sad end for the guy. Life can be cruel for some. We only got a small glimpse at his talent at richmond and I have no doubt he would have been a star for us if not for injuries.

Deserves to be remembered as a tiger

TOT70 said:
Not true, Oldie. For anyone who runs an AFL team based in Sydney, everything is free.

True unfortunately.

SCOOP said:
But a risk worth taking. Club needs to keep trying to get players that cost nothing more than cap space that at their best fit into our best 22. No problem with the club taking Knights.

I wasn't keen on bringing him to the club at the time because of his injury history at Adelaide. It was definitely a risk but I'm not convinced it was worth taking.

Club took a punt at fairly large odds n unfortunately for us n Chris it's never worked out. Probably nothing worse for a player than to constantly get to the edge of being right to play only to break down again.
Unfortunate but sometimes things just don't work out n you have to walk away. Good luck to Chris for the future, the last few years must have given him some serious head spin trying to get back over n over.

I just watched Knights' retirement speach, at the end, Dimma seemed pretty adamant that it isn't over yet... Perhaps a late in for someone this weekend?

He speaks very well, and I've heard he's got a great feel for the game and natural teaching ability. I sincerely hope he stays on in a coaching capacity, even at VFL level.

TJsFurrow said:
As Dimma said, it's not over yet. Maybe he'll be our Mitch Morton on GF day. It's a nice thought.

One thing I don't want to see in a final is a richmond player red vest in the first or second quarters.

I guess that rules out
Conca griffiths Knights hampson straightaway
A couple of those guys are injured right now
I hope Grimes is right to go