Chris Knights | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Knights

CC TIGER said:
Class act this bloke an fit would be a perfect fit in the fwd half, unfourtunatly too bigger risk to go on with next year, his 300k will be very handy with maintaining others

agree cc. as much as this guy is class, times up. body just ain't right and really hasn't been since he got here and we got got him knowing he was a little crocked so kinda sad. CTT makes a point of keeping him in some aspect of vfl coaching role which sounds right as he is a pretty nice and normal dude.

5 games in 3 years. He's done regardless I'd say. Shame as he can play, but has been constantly injured for 5+ years.

St Kevin said:
5 games in 3 years. He's done regardless I'd say. Shame as he can play, but has been constantly injured for 5+ years.

Yep done.

CC TIGER said:
Class act this bloke an fit would be a perfect fit in the fwd half, unfourtunatly too bigger risk to go on with next year, his 300k will be very handy with maintaining others
Use the cash someone else his gone

If i believed in fairy tales he'd have a dream run now and get into the 22 for the finals.

Shame he's 30 next year he's not even worth a rookie spot

St Kevin said:
Unfortunate but they're the type of numbers that spell the end of a career. Tight list numbers mean that no club can constantly carry a player who can't get on the field. If there's some genuine footy nous, then perhaps a development pathway to coaching or perhaps, at worst a listing in the magoos for next year.

Got a feeling that age n constant injury would have both Knights n Foley under the pump come seasons end, then possibly Newy, age n then Thomas , Petterd.
Skinny draft this year so can't really see us lopping five off the list. More likely three off maybe four n perhaps trade something somewhere.

TigerMasochist said:
Unfortunate but they're the type of numbers that spell the end of a career. Tight list numbers mean that no club can constantly carry a player who can't get on the field. If there's some genuine footy nous, then perhaps a development pathway to coaching or perhaps, at worst a listing in the magoos for next year.

Got a feeling that age n constant injury would have both Knights n Foley under the pump come seasons end, then possibly Newy, age n then Thomas , Petterd.
Skinny draft this year so can't really see us lopping five off the list. More likely three off maybe four n perhaps trade something somewhere.

Get the feeling that Foley may be rookied.

Foley is shot his body is worse than Knights.

Still sidelined indefinitely with injury.

Serious Achilles and knee injuries and ankle issues have crippled him.

Knights still brings something to the table when fit not many on the list do.

Foley no longer has that up his sleeve his speed was one of his main assets and is now gone and he has been usurped in the midfield this year.

I'd rookie Knights before Foley . Knights can still impact when on the field.

craig said:
Foley is shot his body is worse than Knights.

Still sidelined indefinitely with injury.

Serious Achilles and knee injuries and ankle issues have crippled him.

Knights still brings something to the table when fit not many on the list do.

Foley no longer has that up his sleeve his speed was one of his main assets and is now gone and he has been usurped in the midfield this year.

I'd rookie Knights before Foley . Knights can still impact when on the field.

Craig you understand medicine much better than me, but isn't Knight's body screaming at him to quit?

Good luck/good planning we have a ready made replacement for Foley in Lambert.

Knights we want to hang on to the chance he can string 10 games in a row because its one of the last few sots we still "need" to complete this team. Motlop at Tigerland makes this decision so much easier.

We took a chance with him less then a dozen games in 3 years in return
He should be thank and let go at years end.

Weak draft and all this year, I could see him staying as a rookie or on a 1 year contract.

Newman and Foley gone. Maybe Pettard too?

We'd want to elevate a couple off the rookie list to replace them. Then we've got draft choices. Not sure we want to take more than three...

The_General said:
Weak draft and all this year, I could see him staying as a rookie or on a 1 year contract.

Newman and Foley gone. Maybe Pettard too?

We'd want to elevate a couple off the rookie list to replace them. Then we've got draft choices. Not sure we want to take more than three...
6 games in 3 years put a richmond jumper on a broomstick you get more out of it