Chris Knights | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Knights

All the best Knighter. Shame we couldn't see much of you.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-08-27/knights-retires

A shame but footy history is full of talented players whose bodies never allowed them to play at their full potential. Good luck with whatever you choose to do Chris.

Tames said:
He was playing VFL wasn't he? I wonder if he got injured again, or has just had enough.

Probably both. Sometimes, being injury prone is your body telling you to stop. Nice little speech by Dimma in the end, and as everyone knows, we just never saw enough of Knighter.

Well done Chris, right decision. Hopefully he can go enjoy some suburban footy without injury.

A shame that the body just never really allowed him to have an extended run at it with us. His footy knowledge has impressed some who know the caper, may wind up being a coach.

Absolute gun cut down with injuries feel sad for him good
Luck chris god bless.

I watched a bit of the VFL game last week and you could see Knights was sore, he pulled up very gingerly a couple of times. Just can't get the body right so it's understandable he's pulled the plug. A very talented player cruelled by injury. Such a pity.

it is a real shame because of the class of the player. thanks CK and good luck.

He's a great fella and I genuinely wish best of luck in his retirement.
However he was plagued by injuries at Adelaide before we selected him and they continued at Richmond.
Very little return on field for this trade. Bad luck all round.

Tough run for a very clever and capable player.

So that's Foley, Newman and Knights in the last 3 weeks, next week Thomas and/or Pettered?