Chris Knights | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Knights

The club thought Knights had a sneaky chance of playing in semi-final if we made it.
ACL.

Good luck in the future, lcuky we didnt play him.

This is close to the cruellest injury I've seen.

Just so wrong. Not fair. Glad to hear he has put away a lot of money and has a life post footy set up.

Deserves all the luck in the world.

I seriously thought he was in with a chance in the finals at some stage. Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

Horribly bad luck yes, but at some point you just gotta say that his legs aren't cut out for this particular sport.

Anyone know the extent of the injury.

Really hope it's just twisted & doesnt require another reco. :(

Poor fella can't take a trick. He's certainly shown a lot of guts to come back again and again. Good luck for the future.

Saying the other knee , so not the same.

Had to carried off LD and scans tomorrow.

Kept training , showing to all what a clubman he was as Dimma left that door ever so slightly open for a recall.

Win Sunday and he would have been in calculations.

Fortunate it happened today and not Saturdays open training session or worse still in a final. Could have affected the players. Hope it spurs them on.

Take your chances Tigers, you never know what can happen. We have been truly unlucky with players cut short by the injury gods.

All the best Knighta!

I half expected Chris to be in the team this week. Such a disappointment and so sad he's been crueled by injury. Oh what could have been, Best wishes to Chris for the future.

Bloody hell... that is just so wrong! Poor guy!

All the best Chris and hope you make a full recovery and have an injury free 'rest of your life'.

The players need to look at this go and take their opportunity with both hands this final series...

It's a cruel game.

Good luck Chris in your future endeavours

Seriously I'd retire to a cleared paddock somewhere in the country if I was him. Otherwise likely to get hit by something falling off the back of a truck. Has there ever been anyone as unlucky as Knights?

Really felt for Knighta after hearing the news, I hope he has better luck with life after footy, he joins a unlucky
list of so many Tigers retiring prematurely with injury :mad:

Decoy footballer, simply a walking victim.

Knights just puts on the training kit n wanders out onto the practice ground n the injury gods chuck a major tanty. Full on psycho rampage on the poor fella n leave the rest of our players pretty much alone.

As ToOheys said, unbelievably unfair on the poor bugger, announces he's cooked at years end, just trying to hold up an end on the slim chance he might be needed to fill an injury gap n he's been nailed again, just devastating for the bloke.
One small possible spike from this is the potential for all the players to use his example as a career goad. Grasp every possible moment, make the most of it n don't waste your career on maybe next time, 'coz next time might never arrive.

zgod said:
Unbelievable. Undeniably talented with a great attitude.
Just a tragic footballer who deserved much better luck. We never got to see him at his best. We've lost a few quality players prematurely, Foley this year , and then I'll always remember Graham Polac, hit by a tram. Some guys are seemingly cursed. Thanks for your gutsy efforts and commitment Chris. Time to focus on your budding business career at least.

Best wishes for a speedy and successful recovery. I hope we stand by Chris and he's afforded at the medical benefits any listed player would receive.