Chris Knights | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Knights

DirtyDogTiger said:
One thing I don't want to see in a final is a richmond player red vest in the first or second quarters.

I guess that rules out
Conca griffiths Knights hampson straightaway
A couple of those guys are injured right now
I hope Grimes is right to go

agree- didnt that happen against carlton in 13?
was it conca hammy after 10 mins?

Stylo said:
He speaks very well, and I've heard he's got a great feel for the game and natural teaching ability. I sincerely hope he stays on in a coaching capacity, even at VFL level.

yes, even leigh matthews thought he would be a coach after interviewing him earlier in the year - however Chris said he was more interested in following his business interests

One thing that really struck me about the way he spoke was how he valued the culture the club has built. We should not take this lightly because it is a very key element to success. It is also a credit to guys like Newy who have built this out a wreckage 6 years ago.

That is why when we play fan site games with potential trades the element of club culture and the value of that individual will always come into the real life decision. When I see names like Grigg thrown up I know it will not happen because he is a massively popular and valued teammate as well as a decent footballer playing the best footy of his career. This administration won't mess with the culture by throwing club heart and soul players under the bus for expediency because they know they have the group bought in and don't want to risk changing that.

I for one think that is a good thing. Trading in the real world is not a game of super coach, it is dealing with players' friends and teammates and needs to be handled with care. It was very clear from the way Chris knights spoke about the footy club.

They all know it's a business but we have a great culture now.

TJsFurrow said:
As Dimma said, it's not over yet. Maybe he'll be our Mitch Morton on GF day. It's a nice thought.

He doesn't need to be durable for a full season now. He only needs to be right for one day.

Reckon he's got a ripping game left in him knowing it's his last. Wouldn't have to worry too much about injury in the same way he's had to manage himself in the past.

Got a feeling we have one more of these next week with Petterd calling it a day. That would make it 4 off the list already (Foley-Knights-Newman and possibly Petterd ??)

Not many others I would be looking to delist from here?? Gordon, Hapmson (dont know if they are contracted).. We may loose 1-2 via trade too.

I too just saw the clip and thought he spoke wonderfully , with thoughtfulness and feeling.

The word he brought up a lot was "care" .

I will just keep it brief but what I thought to myself I hope this guy isn't lost to the club !

Pity we only saw a glimpse of his talent at the Tigers. Congratulations.

Tigers of Old said:
True unfortunately.

I wasn't keen on bringing him to the club at the time because of his injury history at Adelaide. It was definitely a risk but I'm not convinced it was worth taking.

Definitely worth the risk. These are the sort of trades where you can get a damn good player cheaply. In the end it was a freak accident that derailed him once and for all when he slipped as he kicked a goal and his knee bent backwards. Just a very unlucky guy. If another Knights came along under the same conditions I'd take him in a heart beat.

TJsFurrow said:
As Dimma said, it's not over yet. Maybe he'll be our Mitch Morton on GF day. It's a nice thought.
or stewie dew hope he plays and turns a final on its head

Daniel Menzel just kicked 4 goals from 20 possessions after not playing in 4 years due to injury.

It must provide a lot of hope for Chris Knights to come in and make a short-term impact in the finals. Great to see.

Chimptastic said:
Daniel Menzel just kicked 4 goals from 20 possessions after not playing in 4 years due to injury.

It must provide a lot of hope for Chris Knights to come in and make a short-term impact in the finals. Great to see.
Hope so

Would love to see Chris having a swansong match but can we really afford to take the risk? On song brilliant but too brittle. We need the points and position. Sadly Chris would be a risk too far.

UKTiger said:
Would love to see Chris having a swansong match but can we really afford to take the risk? On song brilliant but too brittle. We need the points and position. Sadly Chris would be a risk too far.
Gee I love the bloke and have been to VFL games this year especially to see him play and check how he was coming on.
It's a dead set shame that he's been cruelled by these injuries because he could have been a valuable 80-100 game player for us.
Right now though RFC is the priority I wouldn't even contemplate a farewell game for a bloke who unfortunately only played about 6 games for us.
I'd be happy to stand and applaud him if he's given one of those rides round the boundary in the back of car - but I wouldn't put him ahead of the club.