Changes Vs. the Suns | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes Vs. the Suns

Status
Not open for further replies.
JR8 said:
Oldie, you have summed up my feelings about this game 100%.
Me too. I've had the richmond flatness this week. Going from euphoria and thinking maybe we're finally growing into a team that is capable of consistently competing for the holy grail to now worrying if we are even going to scrape into the eight.
I can't believe that when I was young I'd go to the footy carefree and expecting to win most weeks. I've been lucky enough to live through the tigers golden era but I've forgotten what that really felt like and never appreciated how good it was. It was just expected. The rfc have too much of an effect on my mood lately and I'm not sure it is a good thing.
I think it is the frustration of so many wasted years. If we ever get there again it will be exhilarating and I'll make sure I enjoy every second of it this time around.

yeah I'll have to say that tomorrow's changes will resemble:

In Astbury deledio edwards gordon Mcdonough

Out grimes conca

There's an extended bench because of the Sunday game

stripes17 said:
Me too. I've had the richmond flatness this week. Going from euphoria and thinking maybe we're finally growing into a team that is capable of consistently competing for the holy grail to now worrying if we are even going to scrape into the eight.
I can't believe that when I was young I'd go to the footy carefree and expecting to win most weeks. I've been lucky enough to live through the tigers golden era but I've forgotten what that really felt like and never appreciated how good it was. It was just expected. The rfc have too much of an effect on my mood lately and I'm not sure it is a good thing.
I think it is the frustration of so many wasted years. If we ever get there again it will be exhilarating and I'll make sure I enjoy every second of it this time around.

Gee whiz. Glass half empty or what? After one bad game!

DirtyDogTiger said:

Out grimes conca

That's one thing I've never liked about Sunday games. You get the teams on Thursday night, but have to wait until Saturday before you really know who is actually going to play or not.

Some team will win the flag from outside top 4 in the near future. No reason we can't. We lift for big games and against the top sides. I don't be,I'd've not being top 4 is be all or end all.

Not flat at all, but then I made a point of not reading the PRE match threads much for a few days after the loss so that probably helped.

The trick to supporting Richmond and remaining sane; believe that things are never as bad as they seem and this are never as good as they seem

DirtyDogTiger said:

Out grimes conca

Surely Gordon's papers have been stamped. We can/should do a lot better.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
Remember these mate? They always make you shake in more ways than one!
th
8-
I will be sampling plenty there in a month or so upon my return to Thailand CMT.

Tigers of Old said:
I feel really flat looking towards this weekends game.
I think it's because realisation has set in that top 4 is now highly unlikely which means so is a premiership.
Now we're just scrapping again to make finals. It all feels very Groundhog.
Hopefully a big win is in order to shake the malaise I am feeling.

We will be better next year
A lot of immature sides cough up an unexpected loss (Melbourne) and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory (freo ) or don't turn up to play (afelaide, western bulldogs geelong) or don't play second half (North , WCE)
We will do what ever we do this year, and turn out stronger next year.

We'll play a grand final next year is my tip

Underperformed (the Suns) all year but still need to respect them - even without Ablett, Swollow, Prestia and O'Meara. Two power forwards so winning contested ball and limiting their inside 50's is key. First 15 min we must get the ball, convert and kill the contest otherwise it will be line ball deep into the game.

Hope we can bring our best football in August.. a must to make finals - impact in finals.

Tigers of Old said:
I think it's because realisation has set in that top 4 is now highly unlikely which means so is a premiership.

Same mate.

Tigers of Old said:
That's 5 games he's missed games now. :-\
Yep, will probably be 6. Don't think anyone really believed the initial 1-2 weeks call when he first did it.

tigertim said:
Yep, will probably be 6. Don't think anyone really believed the initial 1-2 weeks call when he first did it.

:hihi

No. Just like I find it hard to believe the clubs diagnosis on the Grimes hamstring being a "a week or 2" and Conca "probably only 2 weeks".

Barnzy said:
:hihi

No. Just like I find it hard to believe the clubs diagnosis on the Grimes hamstring being a "a week or 2" and Conca "probably only 2 weeks".
Seems the club always underestimates injury time for its players - I tend to add another three weeks to most of the dribble that comes out re our injured players. I guess that way I am not too disappointed when they dont get up each week..

Tigers of Old said:

Same Same.

Need to win, and keep winning. I'll be there. This team somehow drew with the eagles. As per every game 5% off our best and your looking down the barrel.

To much focus on how "aggressive" Richmond was post the hawks game we forgot how to find the pill against the Crows and the smashed is in contested ball. So many need to bounce back this Sunday.

Hopefully we can kick more than 10 goals for a change.

Boring as batshit.

toby64 said:
Hopefully we can kick more than 10 goals for a change.

Boring as batsh!t.

I found the freo and Hawks games enthralling. Loved every minute - except the very last one against the dockers.

Status
Not open for further replies.