Changes Vs. the Suns | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes Vs. the Suns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think those night be the changes.

Wouldn't risk Edwards. Give him another week.

Go with one ruck and Vickery helping out!

2 forced changes through injury and Hampson?

Give Dea a try in Grimes role. !

Inspector said:
OUT - Grimes Conca Hampson
IN - Dea Deledio McBean

Dea Chaplin Batchelor
Houli Rance Vlastuin
Ellis Cotchin McIntosh
Deledio Riewoldt Lennon
Martin Vickery McBean
Maric Miles Lambert
Newman Hunt Grigg Lloyd
Those would be the ones I'd make and hope that's how the team does line up.

No chance Dea will get a call up, his card has been clicked.

Astbury will come in and play full back, Rance will play Grimes position

craig said:
IN - MORRIS and GORDON :p

That should see a bit of heat on the boards comer Thursday night.
Given the way the midfield went last game Thomas may be in the mix.
That would really set them off

Davidos said:
In: McBean, Deledio, Dea

Out: Hampson, Grimes, Conca

No risks with Edwards

Unless there are any other "illnesses" this MUST be the changes for Sunday.... Give Edwards 60 min into his legs the bring him back v Coll-Ess-Nth

Not sure why Dea would be a straight replacement for Grimes? At 186cm he's not really a like for like, so depending on GC match ups, i'd think we'd be looking for a taller option first (Astbury/Elton).

Tiger Pops said:
Unless there are any other "illnesses" this MUST be the changes for Sunday.... Give Edwards 60 min into his legs the bring him back v Coll-Ess-Nth
How are we going to get this 60 minutes into Edwards' legs? Play him in the VFL?

super_coach said:
Given the way the midfield went last game Thomas may be in the mix.
That would really set them off

You mean those with some idea?

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
If anything, Titch can be subbed off if he's short of a gallop.
Very dangerous to rely on that, especially if someone else gets injured.

Columbo said:
Not sure why Dea would be a straight replacement for Grimes? At 186cm he's not really a like for like, so depending on GC match ups, i'd think we'd be looking for a taller option first (Astbury/Elton).

Grimes is taller but has tended to pick up the smaller forwards (eg Betts) and Batchelor has played on the taller blokes.

IMO this is the opening Dea has needed. Now or never for him. If he's not selected or he doesn't perform, he's gone at the end of the year

BrisTiger24 said:
Grimes is taller but has tended to pick up the smaller forwards (eg Betts) and Batchelor has played on the taller blokes.

IMO this is the opening Dea has needed. Now or never for him. If he's not selected or he doesn't perform, he's gone at the end of the year

Yeah, if he doesn't even get picked for this one it will say a bit...

Shame Castagna is that bit further advanced as I would love to see him out there taking the game on.

nikolasmia said:
No chance Dea will get a call up, his card has been clicked.

agree with this. Deledio and McBean to also come in

nikolasmia said:

They are tried that against Geelong. Lasted about 1/4.
Can't see them not playing Rance as the No1 tall again this year.

Brodders17 said:
They are tried that against Geelong. Lasted about 1/4.
Can't see them not playing Rance as the No1 tall again this year.

Also v Collingwood with Elton on Cloke, lasted a quarter too. No way Rance plays on anyone that isn't the most dangerous tall

BrisTiger24 said:
Also v Collingwood with Elton on Cloke, lasted a quarter too. No way Rance plays on anyone that isn't the most dangerous tall

I dunno, against the Hawks he seemed to be rolling through a number of opponents, Cyril and Breust included. Vlastuin was even on Roughead a few times. I wouldn't be against giving Astbury a shot.

I advocated for 5 or 6 changes. That wont happen so assuming its just basic; Hampson and the injured 2 out. Beanie Lids and Dea/Astbury in, can we at least see a forward 6 containing natural forwards who find space, win on ones and kick goals.

Be great to see

Lennon Deledio Lloyd

Martin Jack Beanie

for large parts of the game

I think Astbury might come in for Grimes, he'd be a better match up for the Suns talls than what Dea is.

Status
Not open for further replies.