Changes Vs. the Suns | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes Vs. the Suns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocked McBean hasn't got a gig. What more does he have to do? :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch

Not shocked to see Dea out of the team. He's going to be a policeman, not an AFL footballer.

Beyond shocked to see Morris and Thomas back in.

Go Tiges.

B1 and B2 said:
How bad are our seconds list if these 2 are in Morris and Thomas. Gold Coast must be a slow team on paper.

I'm feeling really sick ATM.

We really struggle to cover a few injuries.. Where the Bulldogs seem to cover easy..

I want to win by over 10 goals and just have a relaxing day at the footy..

This will end up like the GWS game but the finish in the last quarter has been missing.

B2

The way weve been playing its a real effort to kick 10 goals let alone win by 10
See our game against GC as a very defensive game limit scoring not the way we need to play running into finals

lamb22 said:
Look Thomas is acceptable on the basis that he at least racks it up at VFL level. i would never play him though because his ball use is atrocious.

The selection of Morris however is unforgiveable. It is either ideology stats gone mad or loyalty to a favorite. He has done nothing at VFL level to merit selection and all of Arnott, Menadue, Maddona and Beanie were ahead of him in the queue as were Astbury and Dea in different positions.

This is stubborness to the nth degree. He thinks he can get away with it because its GC and he may be right but how is this preparing us for finals.

He's blown top 4 last 2 years with stubbornness. Nearly blew top 8 last year and he is threatening to do it again.

Apparently (like Abbott) only when he is hanging on by his fingernails does he use commonsense (which is usually imposed upon him by circumstance or others)

Agreed
Dimmas selections hard to fathom yet again

Selections are a joke. I hope we don't under-estimate Gold Coast, they just lost to Fremantle, drew with West Coast, smashed North in the last few weeks. They're playing better than their 16th place suggests

I was actually looking forward to seeing how McBean would go given he is in form at the moment - that's whats I am disappointed most about.

Mooney tonight on SEN actually reckons Thomas could prove to be an excellent finals player given the style of typical finals games - otherwise pretty underwhelming selections.

Happy with Thomas.

They're desperate to give games to Newman and he's a better defender than forward, so you get the feeling they sensed a silver lining with a spot opening up for him down back.

Morris is just the wrong choice though. I'm disappointed in Dimma for that.

We're playing a bottom 2 team - it's the perfect time to experiment with a more attacking forward line with a reduced risk of being burned on the rebound. We won't win a premiership this year without improving our attack. McBean isn't a guarantee to provide that lift, but he offers a better chance than Morris.

Chimptastic said:
We're playing a bottom 2 team - it's the perfect time to experiment with a more attacking forward line with a reduced risk of being burned on the rebound. We won't win a premiership this year without improving our attack. McBean isn't a guarantee to provide that lift, but he offers a better chance than Morris.
Yep, although Beano's not a necessity for this game, especially with Vickery in. I just want to see a more cohesive effort between Jack, Vickery and Lloyd in attack. There's too much reliance on Jack as he continues to get triple-teamed at times.

TigerForce said:
Yep, although Beano's not a necessity for this game, especially with Vickery in. I just want to see a more cohesive effort between Jack, Vickery and Lloyd in attack. There's too much reliance on Jack as he continues to get triple-teamed at times.

Agree TF. It is the absence of McBean that has really got me pissed. Not all that fussed with Thomas in for Conca. Morris for Grimes is very questionable but at least he will be playing in the defensive half. I just cannot comprehend that you wouldn't bring in a third tall when you are struggling to kick goals and the conditions on Sunday will be perfect.

tigerlove said:
Selections are a joke. I hope we don't under-estimate Gold Coast, they just lost to Fremantle, drew with West Coast, smashed North in the last few weeks. They're playing better than their 16th place suggests
Dima thinks bringing in a few 'grunt' players we'll bully the GC aside....1980's suburban football coach mentality. GC could well run rings around us on Sunday.
Matt Thomas is an unbelievable selection....unbelievable! Don't care how many he racks up in 2's, he is so slow and skills aint up for AFL.

I am flabbergasted , I am hoping I am wrong but this game could be lost at the selection table ....

We are wavering because the team is wavering. We just need a confident win IMO, not a defensive gut busting defensive win.

Did I mention defensive? Of course you need defence but we so need to attack too...!!

It really shouldn't be this stressful, we still don't know what we are going to get week to week.

Bowerpower said:
I am flabbergasted

1439167394079.jpg

I opened up the RFC app and clicked on the team. Closed my eyes to reveal. Saw the names Morris and Thomas. Let off a giggle and moved on. It was like I knew it was always going to happen.

Just when we think Dimma is looking forward, playing the Ellis' Menadue's, etc, he loses a winnable game and reverts back to plans gone before. Wake up Dimma. FFS I would rather give Foley a farewell game on one leg than Morris - reckon Foley would get more ball than Morris.

Not happy about Morris, and I'm not a big fan of Thomas, but with the outs we have he could be a useful inclusion and may be better surrounded by guys who use it better than the ones he has around him in the VFL most weeks. I can't see what Morris brings to the table now.

This is definitely our worst team for the year. How can we possibly play Thomas, Morris, Lloyd, Vickery and Newman altogether. This is why I don't rate Hardwick. Spineless team selections, play's defensively crap football and very rarely plays younger players. Thomas should be playing suburban footy at best....

andrewzog said:
This is definitely our worst team for the year. How can we possibly play Thomas, Morris, Lloyd, Vickery and Newman altogether. This is why I don't rate Hardwick. Spineless team selections, play's defensively crap football and very rarely plays younger players. Thomas should be playing suburban footy at best....
You do realise we have debuted 6 or 7 players this year, just about the most of any team
Ellis, Menadue,Drummond,Mckintosh ,McBean all young uns

Status
Not open for further replies.