Changes v Western Bulldogs. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Western Bulldogs.

Interesting selections.

Good to see Cumberland and Sonsie in.

Give Jack a break and get Samson playing in the wet, good for learning. Maybe we could try kicking it to him when there are 4 players on Lynch . . . just a thought.

MRJ is still developing. Would like to see him develop in the seniors but maybe gives him confidence if he goes well in the VFL. Or he could be the sub.

Ross is certainly a whipping boy, he remains a bit unconvincing but has had a couple of decent games, bit stiff I reckon.

Cotch as the sub would be good, otherwise give him a rest.

Early season, time to get some games into the young players, that aspect I really like.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Id rather Hugo out and Moju playing.

Hugo ................... I'm a long ways from buying what some are selling.

Reactions: 3 users
Cumberland, Gibcus, MRJ, Juddy, Sonsie, Brown, Banksy, Samson, Seth, Dildo, Mansell, Dow, Miller, Biggie, Young. Ross.

In 2023 these blokes are pushing for selection. And are rivals.

Some are certain of the order of merit. Others are more inclined to observe. (Those who do observe are less certain - C'est la vie.)

We can agree that there is change in the wind.

Reactions: 1 user
Hopper and Martin, coming back is great for us. Not losing Prestia also a bonus.
Giving further opportunities to emerging players like Clarke, Cumberland, Ralphsmith, Ryan, Sonsie and Young, particularly so early in the season, also makes perfect sense. Mansell behind the others imo, but also deserves his opportunity.

Dimma and the MC humming along nicely.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Cumberland, Gibcus, MRJ, Juddy, Sonsie, Brown, Banksy, Samson, Seth, Dildo, Mansell, Dow, Miller, Biggie, Young. Ross.

In 2023 these blokes are pushing for selection. And are rivals.

Some are certain of the order of merit. Others are more inclined to observe. (Those who do observe are less certain - C'est la vie.)

We can agree that there is change in the wind.

Who's Dildo? Geen?

I'd think his nickname would be either Flash, Man of, or Blue (as in Steel Blue work boots)

Who's Dildo? Geen?

I'd think his nickname would be either Flash, Man of, or Blue (as in Steel Blue work boots)
Steely's mother named him after a dildo, mrp. It's a miracle that he was ever conceived.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Who's Dildo? Geen?

As for the boots I gave my 12mnth old Steel Blues away as they were giving me plantar fasciitis. (Did I put my heel through the sole again?)

But nicknames are open slather. Name the monster!

Succession planning?
Following the Cats model of resting snr players?
The decision to rest Jack R & Cotch this week isn’t a huge surprise. The tipping point is here. Hopefully Sonsie & Ryan play well in their absence & the champs have a good rest.
I far prefer the look of the forward setup.
Time will tell if these decisions pay off but I understand Dimma’s logic.

Succession planning?
The decision to rest Jack R & Cotch this week isn’t a huge surprise. The tipping point is here. Hopefully Sonsie & Ryan play well in their absence & the champs have a good rest.

Side looks good. Dangerous.

If we win comfortably I can’t see Jack coming back anytime soon.

Reactions: 5 users
Our team looks younger and faster than the Bulldogs.

No long bomb kicks as their backline will intercept mark with Jones, Bruce and Keith good in the air.

Reactions: 1 users
The only player who applies defence pressure and tackling not only up forward all around the ground last week gets dropped puzzling I know he needs more involvement, but so do others more senior.
Not puzzling at all. Needs to go back and learn where to be as a small forward and grow some confidence with his disposal and ball-handling. As for pressure acts, he does look inspiring when he sprints from afar to pressure, however Graham has had quite a few more than Rioli and Dusty isn't that far behind. He'sonly 11th in the league for med-small forwards. Has deserved his chance to start the season but after 3 games needs to learn from the experience and go back and work on things.

Yeah I love junior but just got the impression he was starting to lose a bit of sharpness and edge , maybe a little fatigue ,

Don’t think a spell and a chance to reset himself will hurt him .

Reactions: 2 users
I love that we have Young, Ryan, Clarke, Ralphsmith, Sonsie and Cumberland in the team. I hope we get up over the dogs and these kids play well enough to hold their spot. I reckon Sonsie and Cumberland must be automatic selections everyweek - they are the future. Dimma can't have it both ways i.e. "got to go back to learn a few things in the VFL" vs "one AFL game is worth 50 VFL games" - let's go with the latter!

Really interesting selections in a season defining game. Cotch maybe the sub still. I worry about Sampson in the wet. I guess his role will be just to bring the ball to ground and pinch hit in the ruck. Ross was really stiff to miss out for Graham. He was much better than him last week.
It says now,only a touch of afternoon rain,with most if not all match rain free.

Succession planning?
Tigers rested players before cats did,he'll their playing a half fit 34 yo hawkins