Changes v Western Bulldogs. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Western Bulldogs.

I like the team selections - Hardwick knows what he needs to do, he had the guts to say it before the season started, commenced the season with Young and Ryan in the team and hasn’t looked back.

I was surprised we were younger, less experienced and lighter than the pies last week but I failed to really grasp what has been happening all year even though I was warned - we are playing the kids, Hardwick loves the quality of those coming through and he is desperate to get them in the team.

Despite the two outs in Jack and Cotch, look at the two ins in Dusty and Hops - nothing lost there.

We can and will always debate players like Ross and MJ being dropped but with Sons and Cumberland - again we are stronger and lose nothing from a youth perspective.

On Graham - he is a workhorse, a pressure player and is still incredibly young for a 100 gamer - he is part of our future yes, so I don’t know why he cops it on here.

Hardwick has a plan, if he wasn’t going down this youth path, this forum would be absolutely smokin with ‘too old’, too slow’, ‘past their prime’ comments and ‘favourites’ and PLAY THE KIDS.

The question is how do we get players like Gibs when fit into the team.

Reactions: 11 users
Yep caught my eye as well. Reminds me last year when we ‘managed’ Edwards and he ended up being the sub.
I guess 25 mins on the field is a lot less taxing than 100. Also means kids can play full games in the VFL.

Reactions: 2 users
I like the team selections - Hardwick knows what he needs to do, he had the guts to say it before the season started, commenced the season with Young and Ryan in the team and hasn’t looked back.

I was surprised we were younger, less experienced and lighter than the pies last week but I failed to really grasp what has been happening all year even though I was warned - we are playing the kids, Hardwick loves the quality of those coming through and he is desperate to get them in the team.

Despite the two outs in Jack and Cotch, look at the two ins in Dusty and Hops - nothing lost there.

We can and will always debate players like Ross and MJ being dropped but with Sons and Cumberland - again we are stronger and lose nothing from a youth perspective.

On Graham - he is a workhorse, a pressure player and is still incredibly young for a 100 gamer - he is part of our future yes, so I don’t know why he cops it on here.

Hardwick has a plan, if he wasn’t going down this youth path, this for um would be absolutely smokin with ‘too old’, too slow’, ‘past their prime’ comments and ‘favourites’ and PLAY THE KIDS.

Add Steely.

Reactions: 1 user

Hardwick has a plan, if he wasn’t going down this youth path, this forum would be absolutely smokin with ‘too old’, too slow’, ‘past their prime’ comments and ‘favourites’ and PLAY THE KIDS.

Gibcus is a machine with incredible endurance and running power,long term it's tarrant out,gibbo in.

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe, but in that case he has been dropped not rested

There's no doubt in my mind they are both out of the team for reasons other than needing a rest.

No player needs a rest after 3 games or a trip to Adelaide. If you were looking to manage them it would have made more sense to not travel to Adelaide in the first place.

Reactions: 3 users
There's no doubt in my mind they are both out of the team for reasons other than needing a rest.

No player needs a rest after 3 games or a trip to Adelaide. If you were looking to manage them it would have made more sense to not travel to Adelaide in the first place.
yeah. Dimma mentioned the long term plan a couple of times in his presser. Not sure exactly what that is but it is clearly related to replacing Cotchin and Riewoldt

I expect Cotchin to be sub tomorrow because if he isn't then why name him as an emergency?

Reactions: 1 users

It's Cotchins Birthday
And I reckon he will be spending the long weekend away in Euchca

Reactions: 1 user
Seth injured. Won't be going to watch now.

MJR will be the sub in the main game so not much talent to get excited about.
We get Baur as a jack replacement, he is named in the back pocket.
Ross goes back and is named at CHF.
Can they stop fkimg around with Miller. 1 minute he is a defender today he us a foward.
No wonder our kids are not progressing

Reactions: 2 users