Changes v Western Bulldogs. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Western Bulldogs.

We get Baur as a jack replacement, he is named in the back pocket.
Ross goes back and is named at CHF.
Can they stop fkimg around with Miller. 1 minute he is a defender today he us a foward.
No wonder our kids are not progressing
Needs to learn new tricks! Ross CHF. Seen it all. Kid should be given games in the senior team as an extractor. He is being mismanaged. What could have been with him if allowed to settle in his proper position

Reactions: 1 users
In regards to Cotchin. No one will admit it but reality is the only reason he played on this year is to get to 300. Will be managed till that point and i reckon he calls an early retirement. Does screw with team setup but he has earnt the right to get there

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
In regards to Cotchin. No one will admit it but reality is the only reason he played on this year is to get to 300. Will be managed till that point and i reckon he calls an early retirement. Does screw with team setup but he has earnt the right to get there
only 10 games to go
We carried Edwards to 300 games why not Cotch

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Cumbo is playing the Jack role now, so Bauer has to play the Miller role while Miller plays the ...
So does that mean Baker plays the Bolton role, then Flappers plays the Lambert role, leaving Mansell to play the play 5 games before getting delisted role.
Have we missed anyone???

Reactions: 2 users

Cotch has been fine this year. No way we are carrying him to an early retirement. The only way that could possibly happen is if we lose pretty much every game from now until round 10.

Reactions: 2 users
There's no doubt in my mind they are both out of the team for reasons other than needing a rest.

No player needs a rest after 3 games or a trip to Adelaide. If you were looking to manage them it would have made more sense to not travel to Adelaide in the first place.

It really depends, maybe they have already decided the likely games to have them miss. I agree that Sydney next week in Adelaide seems more logical in isolation but if they are saying that they plan to play them say 15 games this year out of 23, it means they play or 3 in every 4, which is what they will do. 8th game is WC at home. I highly doubt we will play around with resting players the following 2 weeks (Geelong at home and then the Bummers for Dreamtime).

It might just be that it works better this way with the fall of the games even if that means they both go interstate again next week.

It really depends, maybe they have already decided the likely games to have them miss. I agree that Sydney next week in Adelaide seems more logical in isolation but if they are saying that they plan to play them say 15 games this year out of 23, it means they play or 3 in every 4, which is what they will do. 8th game is WC at home. I highly doubt we will play around with resting players the following 2 weeks (Geelong at home and then the Bummers for Dreamtime).

It might just be that it works better this way with the fall of the games even if that means they both go interstate again next week.
A lot more variables at work here. If for example Ryan kicks 5 against the Bulldogs, doubt that your 3 games 1 rest game schedule will operate.

Doubt very much that the MC has a plan remotely like that. The possibility of keeping fit by playing a role in the VFL is more likely.

Last edited:
A lot more variables at work here. If for example Ryan kicks 5 against the Bulldogs, doubt very much that your 3 games 1 rest game schedule will operate.

Potentially, but maybe we go back with the extra tall next week. I think its pretty clear that they have stuck with a pre-conceived plan for Round 4, so nothing says they wouldn't continue with that plan going into next week.

Potentially, but maybe we go back with the extra tall next week. I think its pretty clear that they have stuck with a pre-conceived plan for Round 4, so nothing says they wouldn't continue with that plan going into next week.

No. This hasn’t occurred simply because they want to give opportunities to others.
If Cotch and Jack were still showing 2018 form the issue wouldn’t arise.

It has happened because change in the hope of unearthing some future players, is badly needed, right now!
We will sink without it and the MC have reacted to that need.

Correct. This is about dropping blokes who aren’t performing, nothing more nothing less.

Changes make us a better team, as controversial as that might sound.

In Dimmas presser he basically said they have a plan they are going to stick to so I’d think it’s 95% decided unless for some extraordinary reason it just can’t happen.

Theyve not dropped Cotch.
No way remotely have thet thought his performance in the first 3 rounds is not best 22