Changes v Western Bulldogs. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Western Bulldogs.

No. This hasn’t occurred simply because they want to give opportunities to others.
If Cotch and Jack were still showing 2018 form the issue wouldn’t arise.

It has happened because change in the hope of unearthing some future players, is badly needed, right now!
We will sink without it and the MC have reacted to that need.

Have you listened to anything the club have said over the last 6 months? Both of them were clearly going to be rested at times. You are making way more out of this than what it is.

Reactions: 3 users
I reckon it's a danger game personally and I don't like this crap resting players in rd 4 so early veterans or not we aren't flying or anything says something more about there form for me . Personally what was the point playing on then if in rd 4 there rested not on board with this.

Reactions: 1 user
In regards to Cotchin. No one will admit it but reality is the only reason he played on this year is to get to 300. Will be managed till that point and i reckon he calls an early retirement. Does screw with team setup but he has earnt the right to get there
Sorry mate I love him his a 3 time premiership captain, but no one is bigger then the club you always do what's best for it.

Really want to see Cumberland have a good game, he belongs in the seniors, Sonsie too.

Reactions: 1 users
I think its what makes the club rather than being bigger than the club, he is still playing ok footy, Jack kept us in it with the lions in last seasons final.

Im perfectly fine with this gradual transition, they have both been told they will have rests throughout the season and truth be known the young blokes who get tired can probably do with a rest also, so its a win-win IMO.

Hated how Clarko and hawks screwed their legends, would never want that to happen at tigerland.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I reckon it's a danger game personally and I don't like this crap resting players in rd 4 so early veterans or not we aren't flying or anything says something more about there form for me . Personally what was the point playing on then if in rd 4 there rested not on board with this.

nah - you take that attitude they would never be rotated cause every game is a danger game imo.

it like you don’t debut a player in a big game attitude - if they are good enough they thrive regardless of the game status. Just ask Graham in 2017 and Pickett in 2019.

Hardwick is playing the long term game - if he doesn’t then get ready to follow the Hawks trajectory.

Reactions: 1 users
Have you listened to anything the club have said over the last 6 months? Both of them were clearly going to be rested at times. You are making way more out of this than what it is.
There have been no reported injuries. And our two most experienced players managed after only 3 games!
The Bulldogs will try to use their dual non selection to tip some additional fuel on their aggression. (Good luck to that).

Jack's omission did not surprise but Cotchy's certainly did. Three weeks ago who would have thought that these two and Maurice would have been left out against the Bulldogs.

Leaving out both Jack and Cotch suggests that the MC is more concerned about the teams performance than you allow.
If we don't finish the home and away top 4 after recruiting a new midfield, then this season will have been a fail.
The MC have stepped up their game.

Later on... lets wait and see. It would surprise if they are not back for the Anzac clash, but this is not simply a rest.

The idea that Cotchin, in particular, has been dropped for anything to do with form is ridiculous.
As someone suggested (apologies cant find the post now) it is more likely simply part of a plan for those 2 to play a set amount of games this year, giving them the best chance to be fit and firing come September, and also giving some kids a chance they may not otherwise get.

Reactions: 2 users
Correct MrP. I think when Cotch and Jack re signed for another year this was mentioned.