Changes v Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Saints

Dunno what the selectors will do after the Hampster's good game and TV's and Shed's issues.
But I know what they have to be wary of..........

The Saints will kill us with SPEED if we're not careful.

Where not playing good footy atm , so this game is massive to keep a head of the pack , the RooS an Power may just be making there runs now so we have to Win this so bloody important, unlikely to make top 4 but must be aiming to do so.

poppa x said:
Dunno what the selectors will do after the Hampster's good game and TV's and Shed's issues.

This

Shame Menadue doesn't deserve to come in, not sure re McDonough and Lennon as in's

My guess is that Dimma picks Astbury if Ty misses. Hampson stays, Ivvy comes in for Edwards.

So we become slower and even more clueless up forward.

Dimma will go in with a forward line of three talls Hammer, Astbury and Jack supported by the fleetfooted and exciting Morris and Newman with Martin and Lids unfortunately adding class rotating through.

I think in total Morris Newman Astbury and Hampson might have scored less than 15 goals in all forms of the game this year.

PS Beanie has scored more goals than all of them combined (21)

poppa x said:

From what I have seen of the Saints, they are quick, very quick. Replacements for Vickery and Edwards is going to be tricky. To be honest we do lack speed and with the dry ground at Etihad, we will need some leg speed. Assuming Vickery will go out.

Don't know enough about the guys from the 2's to make any comment, but those who watch the VFL in person will have a better idea than me.

Look our forward line should be easy to pick. Between them Newman, Morris, Astbury and Hampson have played 451 AFL games and kicked 90 goals between them. They are locks as forwards.

Mcbean has kicked 95 goals in 39 games at VFL level so he should stay at VFL level.

Simple really!

Saints getting smashed by GWS right now. Perhaps our victory over the Giants wasn't as bad as some suggest.

antman said:
Saints getting smashed by GWS right now. Perhaps our victory over the Giants wasn't as bad as some suggest.

Yep. And maybe our loss to West Coast wasn't so bad?

And interesting to read claims of Rance is our best player, Jack is our best player, Chimp is our best player. Reckon Rance our most important structurally although no jack would expose our lack of forward options. Reality is Rance/Jack are the 2 we would likely miss most but Chimp/Lids/Shed/Bull all crucial as well as all bring something unique.

Soooo the Bumwipers are getting a touch up by the Grubby Western Spitters, does this mean next week going to be another ( :duh ) danger game that everyone likes to announce on here or are we just going to flog them?

Actually flogging someone would be nice.

Can't remember when we last had a seriously big percentage lifting win.

Quickdraw said:
Actually flogging someone would be nice.

Can't remember when we last had a seriously big percentage lifting win.

Beat the Lions by 79 this year.

Just watched the GWS v. Saints game and those two teams are seriously quick. We are not a quick side by any means and no matter who we bring in they need to have leg speed. If not careful the Saints could run all over us. Not that bad a side even if beaten by an equally fast side in GWS today.

Out hampson, newman, , morris, ,edwards
In ivan, knights, lennon, mcdonoug

Yes hampson played well but no way does he start forward if we want to win.

If vickery cops a week id expect Maric and Hampson to both play...way too risky to go in with one ruckman and Riewoldt the only tall fwd..
I reckon deledio will play CHF and Hammer and Maric will rest deep as a third tall. Morris def gets dropped with one of newman or gordon. Think they will give Gordon another go after being serviceable against GWS.

Out: Vickery
Edwards
Morris
Newman

In: Maric
McDonough
Lennon
Thomas

Maric and Hampson in the same team = St Kilda waltzing it out of our forward line all day. Surely have to only play one of them.

Will be interesting who they go with after Hampson's strong performance and Maric's poor form. I think they will go with Maric due to past performances.

Rancey18 said:
Maric and Hampson in the same team = St Kilda waltzing it out of our forward line all day.

agree. not much pace going on there.......
selectors have some issues this week, particularly if Vickery misses - which he shouldn't.
Saints didn't look that good today.

Rancey18 said:
Maric and Hampson in the same team = St Kilda waltzing it out of our forward line all day. Surely have to only play one of them.

Will be interesting who they go with after Hampson's strong performance and Maric's poor form. I think they will go with Maric due to past performances.

I see your view.. but who rucks if maric goes down?...we are light on for options if vickery goes and I dont think mcbean is up to it yet. Hampson resting deep may cause the saints a few headaches hell he used to cause us problems back in the day.