Changes v Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Saints

Out Newman Morris Vickery (suspended) Edwards (inj)
In McDonough Lennon McBean Maric

Wait until we see the injury update. Assuming Edwards is out with the leg injury, I'd look at McDonough.

Newman is done sadly and Morris isn't up to it as a forward. Look for Dea and Lennon or Lloyd to also come in.

St Kevin said:
Out: Morris, Gordon, Edwards (injured)
In: Lloyd, Knights, McDonough or Menadue

Wanted to drop Newman but 4 changes to a winning side is overkill.

You flip a coin to decide between Morris and Newman Kev?

WesternTiger said:
You flip a coin to decide between Morris and Newman Kev?

Morris was well down on his starjumps tonight WT. And Newman provides soooooo much more leadership.

lukeanddad said:
I've been out, just read your post and was convinced we lost by 5 goals. Imagine what you would come up with if we had lost our 7th from 8 instead of our 7th win from 8.

Fair dinkum, we get some rubbish on match day.
Particularly from those who didn't watch the game.

tricky ruck-wise. Can't play Hampson and Ivan in the same side, IMO.

If Vickery gets suspended, (which is *smile* but he probably will), McBean in for sure.

I'd drop Newman and Morris

lukeanddad said:
I've been out, just read your post and was convinced we lost by 5 goals. Imagine what you would come up with if we had lost our 7th from 8 instead of our 7th win from 8.

Fair dinkum, we get some rubbish on match day.

To call someone's observation rubbish when you haven't seen the game qualifies you a nomination for dill of the year.

Hardwick himself said we were very poor with our inside 50 delivery and bemoaned our 10 goals form 52 inside 50s. Maybe less high horse stuff and gratuitous slapdowns from your almighty mount and a little more humility and actual knowledge might help.

And yes I am aware of the irony. ;D

First the compulsories:
Newman out for Menadue (sub)
Gordon out for Lennon
Morris out for Madonna

Now the bad news changes:
Vickery (if criminally suspended) for Maric
Edwards (if tragically injured by the cowardly act of Bells) for Thomas
Hampson (if put down by the vet) for McBean

Six changes for a winning side. Media will go ape.

Coburgtiger said:
Oh god. Listening to Hardwicks presser, he's going to try and fit Hampson and Maric into the side together. All the while lamenting that our kicking inside fifty was sub par. News flash Mr Hardwick : if you prioritise hardness and pressure and running over skills, your skills will look poor.
Similarly, if you don't select any forwards, you're going to have average running patterns leading to forward entries.
Out: Morris, Newman, Gordon, Hampson, Edwards (inj)
In: McBean, McDonough, Lennon, Maric, Knights.

Be surprised Hardwick, see what happens when you select skilled players with forward nous.

Spot on.

Could Astbury play forward if TV is rubbed out? Also Knights in for Gordon if he can get through 4 qtrs today injury free and Menadue and Madonna in for Newman/ Morris please.

When was the last time we made wholesale changes after a win? We're going to get minimal changes which means Morris and Newman will continue to run around. Titch is gone so maybe Knights if he has a good game in ressies - I'd prefer McDonough but he seems to be on the outer. Maric in for Hampson most likely (can't see those and Vickery playing in the same team) and that would be about it.

if last nights efforts from 3 players - who i will not name but we all know who they are - goes unnoticed from our beloved leaders and no action is taken, then something is wrong and a new definition of 'big boys club' will be etched into the walls of Punt Road.
there won't be wholesale changes, that's a given.

Beware of promoting Knights.
We need to wrap him in cotton buds until he's 100% guaranteed ready to go and proved he can get through consecutive VFL games.
He's our secret weapon come September.

Maybe he's even good enough to replace Morris. ;)

Hardwick said they were close to selecting McBean or Astbury last night. I reckon we look better with 3 talls up forward and hope McBean plays next week against Saints.

Our depth is not good, we lost winnable games at the start of the year with Deledio, Edwards and Vickery missing.

I can't believe I'm saying this but, with Vickery and Edwards likely to miss next week, I can see Hampson and Maric in the same side...

Hampson to play primary ruck, Maric to play Vickery's deep forward, ruck relief role, McBean to play Griffiths lead up role...

No idea who will come in for Edwards.