Changes v Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Saints

Bunnerz said:
In: MARIC, Menadue, McDonough
out: Edwards, Gordon, Hampson

This with Newman and Morris lucky.... rare to find 5 changes for a team that has won 7 of the last 8 so I would say we will make the bare minimum changes.

I'd drop Morris and Newman way before Gordon meself. At least he gets to contests, and I'd argue is a (fumbly) handful for the opposition. Fumbled more than usual last week sure, but it was wet...

Morris did a job on Carlton's Yarren - but in truth he didn't help at all in attack. Surely he has not got a match up this week so must go to the 2nds. Replaced by an active small or medium forward - Knights maybe if fit?

Edwards gives us speed and a touch of class - we need the speed against the Saints - Menadue provides that

Vickery - if outed will be replaced by Maric - if Vickery is not suspended then sadly Hampson goes back to the 2nds - I say sadly because his ruck work in the centre stifled Carlton's midfield to a degree - I thought Kruiser would have given Carlton's mid-fielders an arm chair ride.

Newman simply looked too slow and his leadership is now being done by others - sadly this great Tiger warrior is now a fringe player IMO - we need to give his position to an up and comer - the close game watchers of the 2nds would know who should replace him.

So to me there is one definite change Edwards (we need to replace his speed) possibly two with Vickery (Maric) and two omitted Morris and Newman - for Knights? Or a good small/medium forward and a guy with speed that is performing in the 2nds.

DirtyDogTiger said:
I can't see why hampson Maric Vickery riewoldt

Is any different to griffiths maric Vickery riewoldt
It's not really, DDT. Griff is probably more mobile than Hampson and a much more reliable kick for goal, but Hampson showed on Friday night that he's a far better option in the ruck and around the ground. He'd give Maric far more of a chop out than TV and Griff have been able to do together all year. I'd like to see two of Neman, Morris and Gordon go, but I doubt any of them will, as we have to cover Edwards from someone in the VFL.

DirtyDogTiger said:
I can't see why hampson Maric Vickery riewoldt

Is any different to griffiths maric Vickery riewoldt

Difference is pace and agility. Plain as the nose on your face. Days of 2 lumberers in the one side are long gone.

Like to see Thomas in the right circumstances get a gig. Massive contested ball animal, perfect addition to dish it out to outside runners (Ellis etc). In a fast track (Etihad) against a pacey team maybe not. Possibly against Freo the week after is its a bleak, cold, wet day at the G.

Tiger Pops said:
Like to see Thomas in the right circumstances get a gig. Massive contested ball animal, perfect addition to dish it out to outside runners (Ellis etc). In a fast track (Etihad) against a pacey team maybe not. Possibly against Freo the week after is its a bleak, cold, wet day at the G.
Conditions were tailor made for Thomas out at Preston on the weekend. The under the roof environs of Etihad won't suit him as much. McDonough and Lennon looked like the better options for ins this week.

spook said:
Out: Edwards, Morris, Newman
In: McBean, Lennon, McDonough
sounds good to me.

Unfortunately it doesnt sound good to Beavis.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Maric isn't coming back in?
He's playing in the VFL?
Give him another week's rest. Or if Hammer's knee needs the rest, bring Ivvy in for him. Can't play both.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
It wouldn't surprise me if *smile* replaces Vickery, although the Saints at Etihad would be an ideal assignment for Liam.
Hampson will now definitely stay in and Maric will come back as well. Need to find a spot for Liam. Being inside at Etihad will be a good place to play a taller side.

Seems like a danger game to me they tore the Bummers apart and not sure Rance is a good match up on Bruce