Changes v Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Saints

What was Newman's role last night? - did any one pick it up - I couldn't see him doing a tag - was he their to try and block for the other forwards - I couldn't tell.

McDonough clearly being given specific things to work on before he gets elevated and perhaps not doing those yet - I have no problems having the bar set high for him and others now to break into the seniors given we are winning.

I was very nervous of the Hampson selection last night but it turned out to be a spectacular success - I laughed every time he marked it or kicked it truly as I cannot remember him doing it that often previously - so I guess the selectors need a pat on the back for getting that one right.

As for Gordon, he is not up to AFL standard in my view - there was a point in the 4th when he won the ball on the wing, he had two spare players forward of him that were miles in the clear yet he chose to hold the ball and ran the wrong way and back into trouble - ended up in a turnover in a dangerous position and it put of our two players out of the contest as they were now caught out being to far forward of the ball - his awareness, vision and quickness of mind is not there and I think these things are hard to fix - but then I thought that of Hampson - still would drop him for next week.

Lennon has to come in based on today's game. He can have the spot of Gordon, Morris or Newman. But we know it won't be Newman.

Thomas will probably come in for Edwards.

Maric in, Hampo out.

Surely Vickery can't be suspended.

From the VFL McDonuts, Lennon and Thomas were all good. Thomas would be a top-line footballer if his kicking skills were better.

Beano did nowt for three quarters but did well in the last. McD looked like he's been to MickyD's too often recently though.

Ok so edwards is out for 2-3 hopefully.
We'll give him three off and he can come back as the sub.

Happy to see maric lennon and Knights come in for edwards morris and newman.

antman said:
Thomas would be a top-line footballer if his kicking skills were better.

Would also still be at Port Adelaide if this were the case. But he has played 100 AFL games, not the worst going around.

antman said:
From the VFL McDonuts, Lennon and Thomas were all good. Thomas would be a top-line footballer if his kicking skills were better.

Beano did nowt for three quarters but did well in the last. McD looked like he's been to MickyD's too often recently though.

Who comes in for titch? Is knights ready yet or will it be Lennon?

tigertime2 said:
Agree with others Newman and Morris never to play again...Gordon not far from gone.

Yep out Newman & Morris
In Mc Donough & lennon

No room for slow unskilled players against the saints

If we can't bring in someone to get a kick as a small forward from the start of the game then just bring in Thomas and him and Lambert can rotate through the middle and Cotch and Dusty will have to rotate as deep forwards to add some class down there.

asian tetley said:
Yep out Newman & Morris
In Mc Donough & lennon

No room for slow unskilled players against the saints

So you are still going to play Shed with a broken leg and Vickery even though he's suspended?

I wonder if we will go back to the 4 talls for next week. Obviously different personnel but Etihad isn't as wide as the G and has worked on other fields. If so you would think McBean or Astbury will get a look in as they are a bit more mobile than Maric and Hampson. I'd give Hampson another game next week.

I agree with others though that at least 1 of Newman, Morris and Gordon has to go and IMO Gordon has to be the one, he's a very average footballer who has a decent game every now and again but other than that just isn't that good.

We will miss the pace of Edwards so I'd like either McDonough or Menadue (or both) into the team for 1 or 2 of the 3 named above.

So for me (assumes Vickery is not suspended).

Out Edwards, Gordon, Morris
In McBean / Astbury, McDonough, Menadue

mrposhman said:
We will miss the pace of Edwards so I'd like either McDonough or Menadue (or both) into the team for 1 or 2 of the 3 named above.

So for me (assumes Vickery is not suspended).

Out Edwards, Gordon, Morris
In McBean / Astbury, McDonough, Menadue

;)

Lennon did a heap more than Menadue in the VFL Posh...

antman said:
So you are still going to play Shed with a broken leg and Vickery even though he's suspended?
[/quote

In Maric if viclery gets a week
Manadue for Edwards
And out Morris and Newman to be replaced by
McDonough and lennon

Absolutely no Thomas tank engine thanks dimma

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Thomas will probably come in for Edwards.
I usyally rate your posts but to suggest Thomas, a one dimensional and slow player, as a replacement for Edwards, a speedy and multi faceted player is a strange one

antman said:
;)

Lennon did a heap more than Menadue in the VFL Posh...

Not overly quick which is why I didn't suggest him, I suppose though you need to get the ball to use your pace ;)

Wouldn't be upset to see Lennon starting on Sunday though.