Changes v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Roos

NORTH ON THE G 100%
CROWS ARE IN DEADLY FORM, I ACTUALLY THINK THEY WILL WIN IT.

TheCan said:
NORTH ON THE G 100%

Fair call. They have a lot of stars and they are firing at the right time. Plus the emotional factor. Playing them week one should be avoided at all costs.

shad said:
Fair call. They have a lot of stars and they are firing at the right time. Plus the emotional factor. Playing them week one should be avoided at all costs.

Inclined to agree, Adelaide have all sorts of motivation, the first final probably the toughest to overcome. Will dissipate with each passing week of the finals hopefully as achieving winning a final will be a fitting climax anyway.

TheCan said:
NORTH ON THE G 100%

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Passing of players/key officials in a team during a season from personal experience has a history of this occurring. Happened ot me in cricket teams, there is that extra factor that is just there you cannot explain but it gives you an advantage.

North have to go all in on resting their players. If they rest a few and lose badly it would be a big hit to their confidence. Rest 10 and lose and nobody bats an eyelid, they turn up next week knowing they threw the match.

I would hedge my bets and rest a couple of important players but still name a team that can get the job done. Perhaps rest Maric, Rance and Miles. Play Dusty, Lids and Cotch mostly forward. Best of both worlds, you still get the win, you freshen up a few players and the team maintains its basic structure and winning form.

IN: Cotchin, McBean, Morris, Knights, Dea, Hampson
OUT: Deledio, Maric, Miles, Ellis, McINtosh, Edwards

should we win tomorrow night, comfortably, these guys will know they have another different challenge in week 2 (should be north again). We should play the best 22 going into September Finals, with the intent in getting to that last day in September.

Lets just hope we dont get provoked into any stupid retaliations that causes suspensions.

I would imagine North players will be under instructions to takle extremely hard in the hope of making Tiger blokes very sore or indeed trying to antagonise them into some thing silly - hope Hardwick gives instructions to completly ignore the rubbish I am expecting to see from North fringe players....Not happy with this scenario - I can see Lids, Cotch etc coming in for some special attention..

Is it Beanie time?

What about resting Newman and Lids and drop Thomas and bring in Madonna and Beanie and Cotchin. Maybe Hammer for Maric.

If we are well in front sub Jack in the second half.

percyms said:
I would imagine North players will be under instructions to takle extremely hard in the hope of making Tiger blokes very sore or indeed trying to antagonise them into some thing silly - hope Hardwick gives instructions to completly ignore the rubbish I am expecting to see from North fringe players....Not happy with this scenario - I can see Lids, Cotch etc coming in for some special attention..

Yeah but when we get the ball, we go uncontested, they'll only be chasing

shawry said:
Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Passing of players/key officials in a team during a season from personal experience has a history of this occurring. Happened ot me in cricket teams, there is that extra factor that is just there you cannot explain but it gives you an advantage.

Adelaide got smashed by the Swans a few weeks ago. Doubt they can win it.

Totally lost at the AFL allowing North to "rest" players - North having nothing to gain in winning (apparently) but gee Richmond does have a lot to lose should we get beaten (A home final versus a trip to Adelaide). Hence the Tigers are not really in a position to rest players.

Therefore - given that we beat the North Tier 2 team we have had a hard hit out where the North stars have been rested for the replay in a weeks time.

This must be an advantage to North. And strikes at the very fabric of the AFL competition.

Further, I am a little concerned about Dusty. Imagine -

A second rate North player, who gets a run due to North resting their stars, decides to hang one on Dusty - Dusty's make-up will certainly cause him to retaliate and Dusty gets a week's suspension.

Same possibly for our Captain - and imagine if Lids gets concussion again.

North second rate player suspended - with Dusty and Cotchin, Lids KO'd. North laugh all the way to the MCG Elimination Final. The AFL will do nothing - citing the Richmond Players should not have retaliated.

Should this happen I doubt the AFL will have a shred of credibility.

How then does the AFL approach this weekends football? Easy - if Freo and North are going to play their Tier 2 teams they should call the games off award the points to Port and Richmond respectively. And all the teams concerned have a rest before the finals.

RemoteTiger said:
Totally lost at the AFL allowing North to "rest" players - North having nothing to gain in winning (apparently) but gee Richmond does have a lot to lose should we get beaten (A home final versus a trip to Adelaide). Hence the Tigers are not really in a position to rest players.

Therefore - given that we beat the North Tier 2 team we have had a hard hit out where the North stars have been rested for the replay in a weeks time.

This must be an advantage to North. And strikes at the very fabric of the AFL competition.

A second rate North player, who gets a run due to North resting their stars, decides to hang one on Dusty - Dusty's make-up will certainly cause him to retaliate and Dusty gets a week's suspension.

North second rate player suspended - with Dusty and Cotchin, Lids KO'd. North laugh all the way to the MCG Elimination Final. The AFL will do nothing - citing the Richmond Players should not have retaliated.

How then does the AFL approach this weekends football? Easy - if Freo and North are going to play their Tier 2 teams they should call the games off award the points to Port and Richmond respectively. And all the teams concerned have a rest before the finals.
Personally I think if the Dusty scenario comes about the North player will come off second best. He doesn't really retaliate like that. He does however give those don't argues, and as good as he is at it, he can make them really hurt. I personally think Norf are shooting themselves in the foot. As was said earlier, they're not actually a good enough team to be able to do this and get away with it.

RemoteTiger said:

This is exactly what I'm concerned about. Some Norf banana decides to try and kill one of our stars, or worse, a bunch of Norf bananas go after our best. Not kosher Scott, not kosher.