Changes v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Roos

artball said:
Dimma wins first mind game of these - probably - 2 games with Norf by quoting Dennis Pagan when asked to comment on their decision to rest players - "You don't flirt with form".
Smart bloke our Dimma.

Yep. I like how he linked Pagan as he was a Norf coach.

Gotta say, we haven't played this very cleverly. No need to rest half the side, but we could have given a week of to a couple of key veterans who could use some freshening. I wouldn't have minded breaks for Jack, Deledio and Maric.

Wouldn't have hurt them, and we should beat half of North without them.

Coburgtiger said:
Gotta say, we haven't played this very cleverly. No need to rest half the side, but we could have given a week of to a couple of key veterans who could use some freshening. I wouldn't have minded breaks for Jack, Deledio and Maric.

Wouldn't have hurt them, and we should beat half of North without them.

Although we should win, I agree with you CT. I would have extended Trent's rehabilitation by another week, would not have hurt him, just would have freshened him up and made him hungrier. Oh well.

TigerForce said:
Yep. I like how he linked Pagan as he was a Norf coach.

thats right TF - and it will get in jammy mouthed Scotts head.
se7en said:
Looks at all North outs.
What a bad run of injuries.

nice work se7en - true to form

I think not resting will come back to bite us. Can see us flogging North this week then getting overrun by them next week. Hope I'm wrong.

Barnzy said:
I think not resting will come back to bite us. Can see us flogging North this week then getting overrun by them next week. Hope I'm wrong.

Hope you are too Barnzy - what's your track record like?

Not so bad. Good result for us. With North playing a 2nds side we won't have to push ourselves too hard either. The risk of us resting players and losing and a potential 1st final in Adelaide is too great. Would much rather play North at the MCG.

Barnzy said:

unlike you to be negative. now i am worried.

I've only seen that Daw a couple of times and he seems a bit of a sniper. Saw him give Nic Nat one after the play and Nic wasn't a happy camper about it either.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
I've only seen that Daw a couple of times and he seems a bit of a sniper. Saw him give Nic Nat one after the play and Nic wasn't a happy camper about it either.

Really? A sniper? Other than that game against Tigers when he blitzed I've hardly seen him ever get near the ball.

There's been quite a few teams that have lost when coming off the bye. Leaving half your team out for a rest IS flirting with form.

If we've got a couple playing sore (Jack, Cotch, Lids, Ivan mentioned), we can manage them.

Put TV in the ruck for most of the game. Sit Jack in the square etc. Give Cotch minimal time in the midfield. Maybe even give Lids the green vest?

taztiger4 said:
I still reckon we will play Adelaide @ the G, we win but doggies flog Brisvegas & they will go above us

Nate we will belt north this week. I don't think this bodes well for North. A loss, then a week off. Plus finals intensity. I can very much see this backfiring on them.

doherz said:
Nate we will belt north this week. I don't think this bodes well for North. A loss, then a week off. Plus finals intensity. I can very much see this backfiring on them.

Except they know what finals are all about.

In saying that, I will only get peaved off if North start to target the tigers with niggles / trying to get them to fight / or as Carey says - come out to deliberate hurt the tigers. Reckon the umpires will be hot on this tomorrow.

The Roos will not come out for a deliberate outside game - they will come out all guns blazing guarantee it.

As much as all these smug coaches would like to think that AFL footballers are lumps of pastured meat to be conditioned, rested, tapered, measured and programmed, the reality is a little different.

Football is as competitive a sport as it gets and players like to win.

Winning feeds and nourishes the mind, body and spirit. It's an elixir Brad Scott or Ross Lyon can't program into their *smile*ing GPS trackers or beep diagnostics.

I have criticised Dimma in the past but I am glad he's not one of those glib coaches. He's a man who prides honesty above all things - honesty of effort, honesty of tactics and honesty of emotion.

He knows our group will play tomorrow like they have all year - like a band of brothers.

No test tubes and trendy conditioning theories for our preparation. We have a group that thrives on that irresistable and romantic force in footy - momentum. The sweetness of helping each other to victory.

You can't measure that. You just put your heart into it, secure in the knowledge that the man next to you has done the same.

The football world thinks we are losers.

But we know that isn't true at all.

Thank you, Brad Scott. Thank you from the bottom of this supporter's heart.

Because in reaching for that test tube, with your other hand you've gifted us the sweetest motivation of all for the first final - validation.

A powerful hammer to come raining down on a club too clever by half.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:

Your right. You haven't seen him play much. He is far from a sniper. It made me laugh though.

My concern is that a lot of Nth players this week may have the sole purpose of 'injuring' our players.

A few Sam Mitchell corkies to Cotch, Lids, Miles, et al, will do their chances next week no harm.

year of the tiger said:
Except they know what finals are all about.

They've played same finals as us in last 2 years, that's 2. Year before 2012 they were thumped by West Coast by almost 100 points. Other than that their last final was in 2008 where they were pumped by Sydney. North haven't experienced much more finals experience than us, I reckon we're a better side than North and if we can't beat the 8th side in the first final (assuming we play North) I will be very disappointed.