Changes v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Roos

tigerlove said:
They've played same finals as us in last 2 years, that's 2. Year before 2012 they were thumped by West Coast by almost 100 points. Other than that their last final was in 2008 where they were pumped by Sydney. North haven't experienced much more finals experience than us, I reckon we're a better side than North and if we can't beat the 8th side in the first final (assuming we play North) I will be very disappointed.

but they played three final games last year alone - that 1 more than our 2 over 2 years ??

Carter said:
As much as all these smug coaches would like to think that AFL footballers are lumps of pastured meat to be conditioned, rested, tapered, measured and programmed, the reality is a little different.

Football is as competitive a sport as it gets and players like to win.

Winning feeds and nourishes the mind, body and spirit. It's an elixir Brad Scott or Ross Lyon can't program into their *smile*ing GPS trackers or beep diagnostics.

I have criticised Dimma in the past but I am glad he's not one of those glib coaches. He's a man who prides honesty above all things - honesty of effort, honesty of tactics and honesty of emotion.

He knows our group will play tomorrow like they have all year - like a band of brothers.

No test tubes and trendy conditioning theories for our preparation. We have a group that thrives on that irresistable and romantic force in footy - momentum. The sweetness of helping each other to victory.

You can't measure that. You just put your heart into it, secure in the knowledge that the man next to you has done the same.

The football world thinks we are losers.

But we know that isn't true at all.

Thank you, Brad Scott. Thank you from the bottom of this supporter's heart.

Because in reaching for that test tube, with your other hand you've gifted us the sweetest motivation of all for the first final - validation.

A powerful hammer to come raining down on a club too clever by half.
Well said Carts. :clap

Carter said:
As much as all these smug coaches would like to think that AFL footballers are lumps of pastured meat to be conditioned, rested, tapered, measured and programmed, the reality is a little different.

Winning feeds and nourishes the mind, body and spirit. It's an elixir Brad Scott or Ross Lyon can't program into their *smile*ing GPS trackers or beep diagnostics.

I have criticised Dimma in the past but I am glad he's not one of those glib coaches. He's a man who prides honesty above all things - honesty of effort, honesty of tactics and honesty of emotion.

He knows our group will play tomorrow like they have all year - like a band of brothers.

No test tubes and trendy conditioning theories for our preparation. We have a group that thrives on that irresistable and romantic force in footy - momentum. The sweetness of helping each other to victory.

You can't measure that. You just put your heart into it, secure in the knowledge that the man next to you has done the same.

Because in reaching for that test tube, with your other hand you've gifted us the sweetest motivation of all for the first final - validation.

Well said , they are a lightweight bunch of campaigners from the president down .

Carter said:

Great post carts.
If their injury issues are true, a week off won't hurt, but won't help that much either.
The players still have to keep fit and touch

Let's roll North tomorrow, and next week too!!

It would be gold if Sydney lost, and then North had to travel there next week. Would be sweet justice.

Carter said:

Fantastic Post Winston. :beer

Carter said:

Great post. North giving us extra fuel. No way I'd risk giving up a winning streak the way Brad Scott is here. Careless foxing. North flirting with the fabric of their culture.

Assuming we win tomoz, don't cop injuries, suspensions...

Scott no spine has taken 1/2 the pressure off us.

Having to beat them twice to progress when it counts was going to be a tough ask as they have owned us recently. I was always confident we could beat them once in a genuine battle. Thats all we need to do now. Had they beat us tomorrow night, it would have been a huge turnaround mentally for us to get over them. Had we beat them in a genuine contest, it would give their players tangible motivation the following week when it really counts.

He has just handed us all the mental ammunition we will need to turn up should we play them in an elimination final. They on the other hand come out rested and with a questionable confidence that they own us.

Massive risk for a side with more pensioners than $5.00 parma knight at the Pokies.

Personally I have no issue with Nth resting players, possibly also tier 2 type players in. My only concern is the targeting of our better players to injure them for the rematch.

I'm hoping Tiges get out to a 40 pt lead early in the game. Maintain it around there then cruise, rest players towards the end of the game with no pressure of losing. Even with 10-15 minutes left in the game let the margin go to 3 gaols. If the dogs beat us on percentage then we play Adel. Dogs play nth.
RFC flirt with form to also manipulate maybe not facing Nth next week.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Club AvAge AvHgt AvWgt AvGms AvGls
----------------------------------
N.M. 24.94 188.5 86.2 82.0 69.0
Rich 25.47 187.7 86.8 111.7 65.0

Ave Age and Ave Games significant.

Another factor is everyone will be talking about North next week.

No intense pressure on Richmond before a final for the first time in 30+ years.

Yep. North have just pissed away their hold over us.

First or second string side, they've just given it away.

The hoodoo ends tonight and we will double down on it at the MCG.

Thanks Norf!

Carter said:

Sounds like bollocks to me

I expect they will pump us in finals with fresher playing group

I think Carts is right. How much extra motivation has Brad Scott just given the Tigers for both games? Emotion can take you a long way, just ask Scott Camporeale.