Changes v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Roos

Chimptastic said:
Another factor is everyone will be talking about North next week.

No intense pressure on Richmond before a final for the first time in 30+ years.

Actually think the pressure will be on North's players more so than ours next week. It's a very, very old team. Careers will end if they fail.

The pressure at Richmond will be borne by the whole club.

Frawley yelling "Too old! Too slow!" at North players at the 3/4 time break will be small potatoes if this stunt comes unstuck.

CarnTheTiges said:
I think Carts is right. How much extra motivation has Brad Scott just given the Tigers for both games? Emotion can take you a long way, just ask Scott Camporeale.

First step is not to *smile* up tonight.

Most seem to think we are already over the line. The bookies. The media. The supporters. We just roll up and a big win is guaranteed, then we carry the momentum into the rematch next week.

We have never ballsed up in this scenario have we? Melbourne round 4 this year anyone?

Got disaster written all over it IMO.

Chimptastic said:
Another factor is everyone will be talking about North next week.

No intense pressure on Richmond before a final for the first time in 30+ years.

The game vs. drug cheats

Before finals was like a trainin run

Yeh buts Essendon (2001) was a much much better team than this ageing North outfit. I thought we would have had a really good chance tonight facing their best. Expectation more than hope.

Loving the 'tude coming out of the club this week.

Regardless of who we play, where we play, when we play, the club is saying "BRING IT AWN!"

I love it!!! GO TIGES!!!

I notice that the emergencies are Dea, Astbury and Morris.

I am wondering if we are considering resting one or two from the backline ?

Sintiger said:
I notice that the emergencies are Dea, Astbury and Morris.

I am wondering if we are considering resting one or two from the backline ?
I had an inkling Hampy would've been an emergency and see Ivan as a late out. Still wonder if Lids will be a late out?

i would have though Newman might have rested after having scans on Monday. Age is catching up, I think this would be the 2nd if not the 3rd finals campaign he has "carried" something into week 1 of the finals. Hope I'm wrong, love and respect the man but can not afford any passengers if we want to impact from next week onwards.

toby64 said:

Most seem to think we are already over the line. The bookies. The media. The supporters. We just roll up and a big win is guaranteed, then we carry the momentum into the rematch next week.

We have never ballsed up in this scenario have we? Melbourne round 4 this year anyone?

Yes I'm a bit nervous about this as well.

tigertim said:
I had an inkling Hampy would've been an emergency and see Ivan as a late out. Still wonder if Lids will be a late out?

thinking the same.

makes sense.

We're in form. Keep them playing hard and executing like every game means everything.

Ideally Scott's funny buggers will result in the masses having a laugh at his expense and at the expense of North

artball said:
thats right TF - and it will get in jammy mouthed Scotts head.
nice work se7en - true to form

thank you

Just wondering if those players will be okay come finals.

toby64 said:

Couldn't agree more!!!

All these posts suggesting we can LOCK-IN the victory.

I think we should win - but I've seen far too many similar occasions when the "players didn't turn up"

Gee - only a few weeks ago Adelaide trounced us - and who can forget the Tom Hafey game!!

If the players think it's in the bag - I wouldn't be surprised if we end up the laughing stock of the AFL.

Thing is, we have already had three soft games leading into this week anyway. The Gold Coast and Collingwood games were party-time events after half-time as the other team turned their toes up pretty quickly. Last week's game was played at three-quarter pace.

In all likelihood, tonight's game will be too.

North won't go the knuckle. They have already caused significant embarrassment to the AFL. If they end up with players on report and Richmond has a few walking wounded, the AFL will tear them a new one. No doubt they have had the call already about that.

The AFL has allowed Freo and Hawthorn to do things like this in the past but they have always lied down without a whimper in the games where they rest their players.

It will be on next week though.

TOT70 said:
North won't go the knuckle. They have already caused significant embarrassment to the AFL. If they end up with players on report and Richmond has a few walking wounded, the AFL will tear them a new one.

Good point TOT.

I think you'll be proven right.