Changes Rd 13 v Sydney | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes Rd 13 v Sydney

Pretty surprised at the changes. Lambert only one game back, Gordon a waste as will be delisted at year's end (and was terrible last week in the magoos) and Newman breaks his own record as the oldest player ever to play the game (though Newman in is not a surprise).

McDonough may well never make it but he hasn't been afforded the luxury of opportunity of others.

Lambert .......fair enough
Gordon..........maybe
Newman......noooooooooo

What do we gain playing Newmo ahead of Madonna, or Dea, or Menadue?

jb03 said:
Pretty surprised at the changes. Lambert only one game back, Gordon a waste as will be delisted at year's end (and was terrible last week in the magoos) and Newman breaks his own record as the oldest player ever to play the game (though Newman in is not a surprise).

McDonough may well never make it but he hasn't been afforded the luxury of opportunity of others.

Were you a member of the Danny Meyer Appreciation Society as well ?

I thought Dimma said all players must play in the best for at least 2 games in a row at VFL level to get promoted.

So how the hell does Lambert walk into the side after 9 weeks out and one game at VFL level.

Lambert and Gordon and Newman in = Tigers are reaching against the Swans.

Very strange moves. Morris dropped??....I must be dreaming. Lambert's barely played since being injured. Newman, I suppose his last few games before retirement.....we hope. Madonna....something's happened/ing....

Oh well, the coaches know better and as long as we win.

Baloo said:
Were you a member of the Danny Meyer Appreciation Society as well ?

No. Leysy was the sole member. As he was in the Jack Watts is a great number one pick and better than NicNat club. Meyer had more opportunity than McDonough.

I always had a soft spot for Morrison and Weller though!

Perhaps Dimma just has a simple philosophy.

If you are fat you don't play.

McDonough and Lennon might just need to get fitter.

McDonough should have been the in for Morris. Poor other choices really. Newman past it & Gordon not up to it.

Fair enough Lambert even though he's probably just a good VFL player - we'll see.

Two out of three ain't bad. Don't mind Gordon getting a gig. The Swans, after all, thought he was no good. Prove 'em wrong, son. Lambert is better than Morris. Would prefer Maradona over Newman.

Dimma mentions we'll play Jack and Griffo up the ground, so let's hope we have worked out how to kick goals in that sardine can this week.

A method that still mystifies me is why clubs bring back players who virtually only played against the same opponents before: Gordon v Swans and Derickx v Tigers. Is either gonna be special again??

Lambert seemed to be in everything from the vision I saw last week, so I'm okay with him back, Gordon I could have sworn I saw him mainly in the backline, so must have been indentured to play there now :spin and how Newy got in on those 2 poor decisions at the Dogs last week in beyond me.

Nice avatar scotty - went and saw Jurassic World the other day and wished I'd gone and seen Fury Road for the 4th time. :p

puregreen said:
Nice avatar scotty - went and saw Jurassic World the other day and wished I'd gone and seen Fury Road for the 4th time. :p

Ha! I've seen it twice. Have resisted a third screening and decided to put it off for 12 months to get maximum effect.

Ok so Newy is in I hope they play him down back, but think he'll play forward.

I'd like to see Flossy play small forward/midfield. I remember in one of his first games he kicked 3 against the Eagles.