Changes Rd 13 v Sydney | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes Rd 13 v Sydney

Game lost at the selection table.

Lambert won't make AFL. Decision making too slow and not agile enough. Particularly for a small forward.

Gordon doesn't offer anything other than lots and lots of running. Doesn't do anything decent with the ball. Too fumbly and manic.

Newman is Newman. Don't mind him on a wing. But he isn't going to win any games for us and is coming to the end of his career.

If we select players who aren't going to have a big impact on the immediate result, they should at least be potential long term players for the club that we can develop.

For all Tim Clarke's waffle about Madonna having to do more etc. he was awarded the Caydon player of the match which I can only guess is for the best player . This however on the back of overall good perfomances does not translate to senior selection .
I am happy that Morris has been dropped and that Lambert gets a chance but the selection of Newman and Gordon is a joke .

thejinx said:
If we select players who aren't going to have a big impact on the immediate result, they should at least be potential long term players for the club that we can develop, and *smile* and moan even more when we lose by a greater margin.

Just a slight tweak ;D

scottyturnerscurse said:
Ha! I've seen it twice. Have resisted a third screening and decided to put it off for 12 months to get maximum effect.

August 9th at the Astor they have Fury Road/The Road Warrior double - might have to go.

funky said:
What does madonna have to do kick 10 and have 30 possesions?

He has to meet the standards set. Which apparently is 30 touches and 3 goals. 28 and 3 isn't going to cut it.

19 touches and critical mistakes is the standard for Newman.

Watched most of the Magoos last week.
Lambert very impressive but only play 3/4 and was his first game back
Newman and Morris did not impress
Dea and McDonna did

Morris deserved to be omitted and the youngsters are either injured or need a full game.

Dea and McDonna are both out of contract this year Their papers may well be stamped

DragicevicFan said:
He has to meet the standards set. Which apparently is 30 touches and 3 goals. 28 and 3 isn't going to cut it.

That might change. It used to be 30 star jumps and no goals until this week.

tassiedave said:
Lambert .......fair enough
Gordon..........maybe
Newman......noooooooooo

What do we gain playing Newmo ahead of Madonna, or Dea, or Menadue?

How does a bloke who has been out for 8 weeks and played only 3/4 of footy get a game?

And note to self - stop reading those *smile* VFL reports each week. They belong in the fiction section of my local library.

Going by vfl last couple weeks Lloyd should have been selected before them

Kaelan said:
The bar is set increduosly high for some to crack a game in the ones and the exact opposite for others. So what is a pass mark for Newy on his return this week ?

A pulse.

tigertim said:
I thought Lloyd was better than Gordon last week

Everyone was better than Gordon last week. McDonough was easily best on ground. Apparently playing well and being good at football is not the selection criteria.

staggered and dumbfounded and irritated by newman getting a game...why bother ?hasnt played a decent game for a couple of years at least....and gordon ???wtf??? why is madonna playing??

We appear to get out of balance when Jack, Plasma & Griff line up ,up front. Maybe two is enough with a decoy like Macca playing at CHF. Morris out, well, has the panic button been pushed ?. Newman OMG LOL say no more .

Tigers of Old said:
Newman dished up sh!t when he played in the VFL.
That's putting it lightly!

I watched the whole VFL game last week and he was clearly worst on ground.

I would go so far as to say he cost us the game with his disposal, horrible decision making and complete ineffectiveness in the last 5 minutes.

He was truly woeful!
......just when you thought Hardwick was getting a clue. ::)

Lambert on the other hand was very, very good.

alexwern said:
The Gordon selection is mind boggling. Runs around after the ball like a blind puppy dog.

Why do we persist with Gordon?

Have not seen a player with less composure than him in a Richmond jumper.

Pandaboy said:
Why do we persist with Gordon?

Have not seen a player with less composure than him in a Richmond jumper.

Welcome to the supporter base Pandaboy! I hope you keep supporting this great club into your second year next year and for many years to come! :clap